DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   Recent Love Story Video - 5DMKII (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/455527-recent-love-story-video-5dmkii.html)

Seth Mondragon September 29th, 2009 11:08 PM

Recent Love Story Video - 5DMKII

I finished this a few weeks ago and have been meaning to post it in here but we've just been super busy.
Anyway, all shot with the Canon 5DMKII, and was my first "real" project to be completed with the 5DMKII.
Enjoy!

Brenda & Alfred's Love Story: Brenda & Alfred's Love Story! on Vimeo

-seth

Ken Diewert October 5th, 2009 10:24 PM

Seth,

I just came across - nice work. Can you share some of production details? Lenses, audio workflow etc.

Thanks.

Seth Mondragon October 6th, 2009 02:06 AM

Dang...64 views and only 1 response so far? Is it that bad? Is it too long? What's up?

Ken, so obviously the 5DMKII :)
I used a variety of lenses...45mm tiltshift, 15mm fisheye, 50mm f/1.2 for the interviews, 16-35mm f/2.8 for the glidecam stuff and the 24mm f/1.4 wraps up the lenses I think. I also used ND filters occasionally so I could open it up a little more.

I also had a DIY slider for some shots but I now have the Glidetrack...kinda wish I had it for the shoot though :)

For the interview audio I had them mic'd with a Sennheiser wireless lav and recorded it directly into the Zoom H4N. The Zoom H4N worked out okay, but it recorded a little bit quiet, even with the thing set to HIGH. True, my subjects were pretty softspoken as well, but since the H4N line-level input is crappy/non-existent, I returned it and picked up a couple Tascam models instead and I love them MUCH more than the H4N. The H4N also felt kind of chinsy compared to the Tascams.

The audio was pretty easy to sync to the footage, especially since there were no long chunks of dialog, so drifting was not an issue.

Unfortunately, I was only editing with Premiere Pro 1.5 so I did not edit in HD. I simply scaled down the footage to be letterboxed (boooo, I know!!) and rendered out a new .avi clip to work from. I then did my color correction/grading on that new clip.

Since that project I've gotten a new Mac with Premiere Pro CS4 but have not had a chance to sit down and play with anything yet. My wedding season comes to a screeching halt next month so I'm looking forward to getting my hands dirty then :)

Thanks for watching, and Ken, thanks for your questions!

-seth

Bill Vincent October 6th, 2009 05:21 AM

Hiya Seth,

Nice work!! I love the transition with the hands over the lens! ;) Glad you like the Tascams for audio. I have a Yamaha Pockettrack and a M-Audio Microtrack - I like both of them for different reasons. If I had it to do over again I would get another Microtrack. It is a solid unit and has every option conceivable for input, even digital in and out.

I feel your pain on the views, too... I posted my clip here Sunday nite and have gotten 47 or so views and not one comment! :( Oh well, it takes time for people to respond, I guess.

Again, great job!

Bill