New wedding video up for critique at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old October 6th, 2009, 08:09 AM   #1
New wedding video up for critique
David Kovalev David Kovalev is offline October 6th, 2009, 08:09 AM

Check out our latest video. I'd like to hear what you guys like/dislike about it. This is one of our last non-hd videos... so enjoy ;)

http://www.touchdream.com/blog/2009/...-wedding-video

Comments welcome :D

David Kovalev
Regular Crew
Views: 1178
Old October 6th, 2009, 10:16 AM   #2
Major Player

Very dynamic. Great visuals and motion, but a bit too much focused on the photo-session. The beginning had more of a story going, but the end kind of devolved into beauty shots. I would have liked to hear/see more of the reception, but that's just how I roll. I think you did a bang-up job with the visuals you captured, the tight editing and interesting angles.
Oren Arieli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2009, 10:27 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Oren!

Yeah I agree with you on that... thats something I need to work on... the story line. I had a hard time with this one... but I do appreciate your feedback. Thats how we learn... from falling.
Old October 6th, 2009, 11:35 AM   #4
Major Player

Hi, I live and work in Italy. I've being doing weddings when I was younger now I do corporate.. but.. I am curious. This is a normal wedding video for US? Or is it a sort of "trailer"? I am asking because in Italy an average wedding video is 25 minutes and can go up to 40-45. We have audio from the church, the promises, exchange of rings, a big photo part and then all the restaurant where "the" rule is to show at least once every person invited so in the video you see people around the table or dancing. We shoot even food (special served dishes) etc... and we end up in "deep night" (if the wedding was in the afetrnoon) with a brindisi, fireworks (or similar).

I like very much the attention on photography, depth of focus, and movement with the steadycam. Here is done just with the camera on your shoulder (but obviously to have 25 edited minutes we shoot sometimes 2.5 hours of footage).

What camera were you using.. and what lenses?
Marcello Mazzilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2009, 07:56 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Hey Marcello,
Thanks for your input. Actually we have over 2hours of the full final video edit but what you see here is called a wedding video highlights. We take the BEST of the BEST clips through out the wedding day and squeeze it into 3-5min song of their choice.

We use Sony Z1u cameras with the RedRock micro DOF adapter with NIKON lenses. Nothing speacial. Also have the Glidecam 4000pro.

We usually end up with 8-10 hours of footage (2 videographers) and the final is around 2hours.

Take care!
Old October 7th, 2009, 04:15 PM   #6
Major Player

Thanks.. It's the first time I see weddings done with 35mm lenses...
Actually is a nice piece of equipment the RedRock.
Can you shoot fast with it on (fast as needed in a wedding). I do corporate but still sometimes I almost don't have time to put the shot on focus!
Marcello Mazzilli is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery