DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   A Windy City Indian Wedding - All 5D! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/465177-windy-city-indian-wedding-all-5d.html)

Ram Purad October 6th, 2009 10:48 AM

A Windy City Indian Wedding - All 5D!

Hey guys,

When you get a moment please watch and critique this clip from a recent Indian wedding in Chicago. It was a challenging shoot as it was primarily shot by myself. Had a 5D and a XH-A1 running. All the shots from this clip are from the 5D.

Neera & Bhavin :: A Windy City Wedding! on Vimeo

Raymond Tsang October 6th, 2009 11:30 AM

I really enjoyed the video and the composition+color of some of your shots were spot on. I think using a slider in some of the detail shots would've added additional depth. But I know that can be difficult with a single-shooter event!

My only other thought is regarding the intro. The shot itself is fine but I did notice a little shake right before the doors opened. Did you have to readjust or move to open the doors yourself?

Jerry Porter October 6th, 2009 05:08 PM

Really well done!! The more that I see of these weddings the more I'm intrigued by the Indian culture. So, if you are making people look beyond the couple and interested into what they are engaged in, that is saying something. I want to know more about them and the event. I was really taken in by the shots. Don't get me wrong, the couple was the highlight that I focused on. But, the event was really intriguing to me as well.

Yang Wen October 6th, 2009 05:44 PM

bravo! great job!

Ram Purad October 7th, 2009 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raymond Tsang (Post 1428606)
I really enjoyed the video and the composition+color of some of your shots were spot on. I think using a slider in some of the detail shots would've added additional depth. But I know that can be difficult with a single-shooter event!

My only other thought is regarding the intro. The shot itself is fine but I did notice a little shake right before the doors opened. Did you have to readjust or move to open the doors yourself?

Hey Raymond,

Glad you liked the clip overall. You are right about some slider shots could have added value to the clip. Unfortunately, I did not have a slider (nor a full body mounted steadicam) for this shoot. Due to the limitation on traveling with the complete gear, I had to leave these gear at home and only took merlin with me. Flew the 5D on merlin.

The first shot was a monopod shot. Tripod was in the trunk of the car in the parking lot 10 minutes away. That was the reason for bit of a shake in the shot. Ideally, I would have liked to execute that shot with a tripod. The door was opened by the photographer. At times, they can be your best friends ;-)