Washington D.C. Wedding Trailer at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old October 23rd, 2009, 10:42 AM   #1
Washington D.C. Wedding Trailer
Glen Elliott Glen Elliott is offline October 23rd, 2009, 10:42 AM

Just finished another trailer- this particular couple lives in Dubai but got married in the states with their families in DC.

http://www.gmelliottvideo.com/katiematttrailer.mov

Glen Elliott
Wrangler
Views: 1357
Old October 23rd, 2009, 12:56 PM   #2
Major Player

Fireworks = Awesome... Great closing shot... DC really is one of my favorite cities. I was thinking what kind of pictures it would make for around the mall. This turned out great...
Steve
Stephen J. Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2009, 07:20 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Another knockout. Beautiful work!

Are you using the MK2, XH-A1, a combo or something different?
Matt Barwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2009, 06:46 AM   #4
Wrangler

Thanks Matt- all Canon XH-A1s.
Old October 24th, 2009, 01:56 PM   #5
Major Player

Glen, I am always impressed by your work. Were you shooting with your previous mentioned settings of 24F and gain set to 12? It seems that the Ceramony was pefrectly lit. Did you use any external lighting or did you just have the iris wide open?
Kevin Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2009, 10:52 AM   #6
Wrangler

I never use external lighting other than at the reception venue. This church was naturally pretty bright- however I won't hesitate (and do so often) to do the 1/24th 12db setting on my cams in dark churches.
Old October 25th, 2009, 09:17 PM   #7
Major Player

Hey Glen great job!!! Really enjoyed this clip. You were up in my neck of the woods. Solid performance from your team. On a side note, great to see you posting again here on DVinfo. Your participation was missed. Take Care

Monday
Monday Isa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2009, 12:13 AM   #8
Major Player

Very clean shooting, nicely paced, great energy. I'm so torn over chucking the XH-A1 out because of its terrible low-light performance, or just keep putting out more photons. Your clip gives me hope that I can delay my next camera purchase for a bit longer.
Oren Arieli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2009, 06:51 PM   #9
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monday Isa View Post
Hey Glen great job!!! Really enjoyed this clip. You were up in my neck of the woods. Solid performance from your team. On a side note, great to see you posting again here on DVinfo. Your participation was missed. Take Care

Monday
Actually "down" in your neck of the woods. ;) Thanks for watching man- I'll have more to post I had about 5-7 trailers to cut and I'm plowing through them now.
Old October 28th, 2009, 06:53 PM   #10
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oren Arieli View Post
Very clean shooting, nicely paced, great energy. I'm so torn over chucking the XH-A1 out because of its terrible low-light performance, or just keep putting out more photons. Your clip gives me hope that I can delay my next camera purchase for a bit longer.
I own two 7Ds but STILL love my A1s. After shooting with VDSLRs going back to the A1 is like using a point-n-shoot camera. I wouldn't describe the low-light performance as "terrible" but it's certainly not on par with a 1.2 L lens on the 7D. The example you see here is with no lighting in a dark tent (ie speeches). If we had time (or an extra helper/gaffer) we would have moved and/or set up a light for the speeches.
Old November 1st, 2009, 05:32 AM   #11
Major Player

loved it man, loved it! what song is that? Your work still continues to inspire.
Scott Hayes is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery