Iakovos Christening at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old October 28th, 2009, 08:51 AM   #1
Iakovos Christening
Stelios Christofides Stelios Christofides is offline October 28th, 2009, 08:51 AM

Your opinions are welcomed:

Stelios

Stelios Christofides
Trustee
Views: 947
Old October 28th, 2009, 12:33 PM   #2
Major Player

Hi Stelios! Nice video. Your image is very clear, especially for Orthodox churches which are usually dark. Do you have an EX1 or something that sensitive or was the church so nicely lit?

You have selected a nice piece of music, but I think (my personal opinion) that if you let some ambient sound to be heard (not in the places when the priest is chanting though :) ) it would add very much to the final product. Also, I think you should try some "cinematic" color correction that would enhance even more the quality of the video.

Thanks for sharing Stelios.
Dimitris Mantalias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2009, 03:49 PM   #3
Trustee

Thanks Dimitris for your comments. I have the Z5 and I find it very sensitive camera and I am happy with the results I get. I would love to try some "cinematic" color correction as you say but please explain to me what program do I need to buy for that. When you say "cinematic" what do you actually mean and how do you accomplish that by color correction? The music was selected by the client. Originally I was hesitant to use it as I though it might be too "boring" but it turned out to be fine.

Stelios
Old October 29th, 2009, 12:35 AM   #4
Major Player

With "cinematic", I mean the proper color processing so it will remind more of a movie production than an event video. It's not something unusual, as a matter of fact, color correction at such level tends to be a standard in the wedding video industry. For that to be achieved there are many-many ways. For example, if you are using Adobe's products, as we do, you can even do that by using the integrated Color Correction tools of Premiere. But because those tools require some experience with the color manipulation in order to achieve the result you want, there are also some nice plugins that can make your life easier. The most famous of them is of course Magic Bullet Looks by Red Giant Software. It has many-many presets that give you the look of certain well-known movies, but it also gives you a staggering amount of tools to customize your own looks. Try it and you will be amazed.

There is a problem with Magic Bullet though. Because it's very easy to use its many presets and achieve some impressive imagery, that had as a result the overuse of that standard presets and many hundred videos that look the same in terms of color grading. It's not necessary a bad thing but you should experiment in creating your own unique looks because Magic Bullet offers you every tool to do so. But overall, I think Magic Bullet is the plugin to get you started in color grading.
Dimitris Mantalias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2009, 09:43 AM   #5
Trustee

Thanks Dimitri for all the info. Maybe I will give it a try and see how it goes.

Stelios
Old October 30th, 2009, 10:41 AM   #6
Trustee

Here is the revised video at vimeo. minor refined changes.

Stelios

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery