First Time Wedding Video - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old November 19th, 2009, 12:15 AM  
First Time Wedding Video
Ryan ONeil Ryan ONeil is offline November 19th, 2009, 12:15 AM

This is a wedding compilation I made over this past week for the first wedding I did. I used it for the menu of the DVD. COMPLETELY new to this so I know pretty much zero on how to do things but quickly learning. :) Please critique bad and good points of it. Also, what do people typically buy when buying a wedding video? I made this for the menu and just took video from two cameras to make the ceremony as the main feature. Also...it's in widescreen format but put into 4:3 (I believe.)

Ryan ONeil
Regular Crew
Views: 3520
Old November 21st, 2009, 01:29 PM   #31
Trustee

Ryan,

Much to learn, you have, young Padywan. Listen to Wedi master Don.

Whether it's audio or video... you want to fix it live if you can. This refers to proper white balancing before you shoot as well as having things being mic'd properly. Now do you begin to see the challenges in shooting great wedding videos. On a film set, we'd just yell 'CUT' when things aren't going the way they should. At a wedding you really need to prepare for anything, and try to make the most out things that happen that are out of your control.

And if you do buy the transmitter that Don suggests you might want to order it buy it's proper name and not go tell the salesman that you're looking for a 'butt plug'. :)
Old November 21st, 2009, 02:59 PM   #32
Inner Circle

The discussion has flared out well Ryan, and I'm pretty sure that all of us here would agree that getting good pictures is easy, and that getting good sound is hard, damned hard.
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2009, 06:24 PM   #33
Major Player

Wedi Master Don... Love it!
Bill Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2009, 07:54 PM   #34
Inner Circle

Wedi master huh, maybe I should put that on my business cards! ;-)

Hmmm, I guess I should come up with some WEDI saying to inspire but I am still laughing too hard at the inference to even consider trying to say something intelligent.
Thanks for the good time with this thread, its been a long time since I've talked to anyone with the enthusiasm and open mindedness of Ryan, it is refreshing.

Thank you Ken, Tom and Bill for making this thread enjoyable, lively and fun.

Ryan best to you keep asking questions, this is how you get better.
Old November 21st, 2009, 11:10 PM   #35
Trustee

I was supposed to be shooting all day today... but I was totally rained out. So I had some time on my hands...
Attached Thumbnails
First Time Wedding Video-wedi-master-don-bloom-copy.jpg  
Old November 22nd, 2009, 07:02 AM   #36
Inner Circle

I almost spit my coffee all over my laptop when I saw this, just made my day.

O|O
\__/
Old November 23rd, 2009, 02:18 PM   #37
Regular Crew

Haha...thank you all for the help! The bride got back with me and said they loved the video so I didn't have many negative repercussions this time, but I'm definitely interested in raising the quality of the videos as much as possible.

Just got done reading "Refocus." My mind is officially blown. I read it in like 4 days (and I'm horrible and keeping up with my reading).
Ryan ONeil is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery