our take on a wedding concept at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old December 3rd, 2009, 11:06 AM   #1
our take on a wedding concept
Patrick Moreau Patrick Moreau is offline December 3rd, 2009, 11:06 AM

we were inspired by kevin, lloyd and other in what they have been doing with concepts and it pushed us to start looking outside of the wedding day. to stay true to ourselves though, as we looked for what direction we wanted to go, it stayed with the wedding.

as i wrote on our blog - if we shoot something like practicing the vows or opening a gift the morning of the wedding it has so much value to the story, yet if it happens the day before it is something that is completely overlooked.

with michael + chrystalle we had a crew of 5 (6 with greg from endless wave) fly in for a week before the wedding. we covered everything related to the wedding, interviews key people, and plan on putting together a finished 30 minute main feature that has so much more story and context to it.

if your interested in more of the story, check out our blog, but i didn't want to water this post down. we have some behind the scenes with the lambo coming to our edu blog soon too.

this is their same day edit with scenes from throughout the week added in to tell those portions of the story better. i would love and comments, critique, questions as well as any reactions to the project.

P.

michael + chrystalle // a wedding is more than one day | stillmotion

Patrick Moreau
Still Motion
Views: 1631
Old December 3rd, 2009, 12:20 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Patrick,
while I rarely watch clips posted here I DO watch yours. This one is outstanding, it tells the story front to back. IMO it's perfect and if the couple hasn't seen it yet, I KNOW they'll love it.
Great job as usual.
Old December 3rd, 2009, 02:59 PM   #3
Still Motion

hey don,

it is their same day edit, so i sure hope they saw it :)

P.
Patrick Moreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2009, 03:05 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Ah,didn't see that it was there SDE although they might have been busy, uh, checking out the coatroom maybe?

O|O
\__/
Old December 3rd, 2009, 03:53 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Hey Pat, nice work!! BTW, what happened to MYW? Has he moved on?
Tom Sessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2009, 04:21 PM   #6
Still Motion

hey tom,

michael and stillmotion agreed to go our separate ways. some people work better in smaller groups and our travel, shooting, speaking schedule is very demanding. after just being married himself, we wish him all the best on his new ventures and his new marriage.

P.
Old December 3rd, 2009, 04:47 PM   #7
Trustee

The groom got a freaking Lamborghini as a wedding gift. I'd say your clientele can afford a multi-day shoot. Pardon me while I go back to my reality.

It was well done btw, but you didn't need me to tell you that.

-Ethan Cooper
Ethan Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2009, 05:09 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Incredible stuff as usual with the storytelling taken to a whole new level. This is what great wedding cinema looks like.

The shot of the Lamborghini coming into view is awesome.

MB.
Matt Barwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2009, 10:25 AM   #9
Still Motion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan Cooper View Post
The groom got a freaking Lamborghini as a wedding gift. I'd say your clientele can afford a multi-day shoot. Pardon me while I go back to my reality.

It was well done btw, but you didn't need me to tell you that.
come on now, it was only a rental. it really isn't as much as you might think. i believe it was roughly $4,000 for the weekend, and it was so meaningful because he did everything to plan and prepare for the wedding so she wanted a huge surprise for him.

P.
Old December 5th, 2009, 10:28 AM   #10
Still Motion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Barwick View Post
Incredible stuff as usual with the storytelling taken to a whole new level. This is what great wedding cinema looks like.

The shot of the Lamborghini coming into view is awesome.

MB.
thanks matt. we spent a lot of time thinking of how we wanted to shoot that scene to best tell the story and the over the shoulder out of focus shot was the first thing i wanted. nothing could prepare us for how fast it came in though. we have tons of experience with gift exchanges, but we could really use more practice when that gift is a lambo rolling in :)

P.
Old December 5th, 2009, 10:36 AM   #11
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Moreau View Post
come on now, it was only a rental. it really isn't as much as you might think. i believe it was roughly $4,000 for the weekend, and it was so meaningful because he did everything to plan and prepare for the wedding so she wanted a huge surprise for him.

P.
Ah, didn't get that it was a rental, should have guessed it was since he was going to Micheal's himself to make stuff. I hope they paid for the optional the insurance with it. Did they get the weekend rate?

If my wife had done that for me I'm not sure I would have spent any time at the wedding. That's precious Lambo time ticking away.

-Ethan Cooper
Ethan Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2009, 04:16 AM   #12
Major Player

Patrick, amazing-er than ever, which is what you do and why we love you. This is definitely the future of wedding cinema, because as amazing and wonderful as the day of the wedding may be, it is the lives behind and within the wedding that we should care most about. In another thread we've been discussing "trends" in wedding videography, and I think one need only visit your blog to get a grasp on where this industry may take us.
Old December 9th, 2009, 10:43 PM   #13
Major Player

As always.. another amazing wedding video from Stillmotion ..for some strange reason it kinda reminds me of Mayad Studios...
Kren Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2009, 10:19 PM   #14
Still Motion

thanks erik and kren.

we take inspiration from many places, and it comes in many sizes and forms, but i will say that other videographers is not one of them (or more accurately, i should say from viewing there work, talking with them is a completely different story). that is not to say that there isn't a massive amount of inspiration to be had, because i certainly believe there is, but i would rather draw on ideas that are typically outside our realm and bring them to our industry.

P.
Patrick Moreau is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery