Anton&Katya wedding as documentary at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old December 15th, 2009, 03:45 AM   #1
Anton&Katya wedding as documentary
Oleg Kalyan Oleg Kalyan is offline December 15th, 2009, 03:45 AM

wanted to shoot, present it as most dynamic, on a spot documentary as I sense it...
content, context, not too much style, which in that approach can be unnessesarry drag.

All handheld, no time for "gizmos", gliders, sliders, stedicams.

Canon H1, no time for DSLR's, focusing takes too much time, some spontaneity can be lost..

Let me know what you think. Appreciate all kinds of feedbacks. Is' not my typical editing style oriented work.
So if you think it's too hectic, please let me know.

Last edited by Oleg Kalyan; December 15th, 2009 at 04:31 AM..

Oleg Kalyan
Major Player
Views: 1124
Old December 15th, 2009, 03:53 PM   #2
Trustee

Oleg,

Very nice piece of work. I didn't find the pacing to hectic at all.

I thought maybe you sold the H1 when you went to the DSLR. The H1 seemed to render the colors very well in this shoot. Did you shoot with a preset or tweak the colors in post? Also there was very little noise in the interior shots. Did you use any extra lighting? Very steady work for handheld (do you use a rig or just bace it against your body)? Also were you using just the on-cam mic?

You always seem to get beautiful brides to work with. I think that this helps somewhat to define a style, if you have young, charismatic couples to work with, your style can be less dramatic and the piece doesn't need shallow dof, etc. to be entertaining.
Old December 15th, 2009, 04:33 PM   #3
Inner Circle

The editing didn't seem to hectic to me. I thought it was a good blend of your usual energy with the documentary style. Part of me would have liked to see the energy carried to the end, but you slowed it up later.

I didn't feel like the Nirvana song fit the edit at all. And the song that comes shortly after it felt like too abrupt of a change to me.

Still, I was very impressed with the beginning and how you created an energetic documentary.
Old December 17th, 2009, 03:23 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Oleg, I'm a big fan of your work and I enjoyed the clip.
But I feel that, for this kind of camera work, interlaced would've been better.
With progressive and fast camera movement you got too much ghosting.
Aside that, everything is cool, as always.

L.R.
Luis Rolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2009, 06:33 PM   #5
Major Player

Кen, Travis, Louis, thank you very much for your feedback, sorry took a few days to answer.
This one was a cut from actual wedding film, done in a docu style, verite camera, all handheld.
This style really attracts me most as the purest form of capturing life itself!
Oleg Kalyan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery