DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   Classic russian official wedding ceremony (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/469635-classic-russian-official-wedding-ceremony.html)

Serge Satkar December 18th, 2009 08:44 AM

Classic russian official wedding ceremony

We often see different wedding clips in internet.. But there's other side of video works.. More personal, detailed, intimate..
This kind of works called "documentary film". We do this for years but very seldom show it on public.
It's a very prescious memories of your day shown step by step, with interviews and speeches artistic as well as "hidden camera" spontaneous shots.
So this huge part of our work is usually hidden.. But in most of cases we do it. With love and passion not less than short highlights and dynamic clips..

I'd like to reveal a part of such 2hr40 documentary film and share official wedding ceremony of Alexandr and Victoria
in its beauty with realistic details and emotions.. (highlights for this wedding is here vimeo.com/8099615)

Travis Cossel December 18th, 2009 01:51 PM

Thanks for sharing, Serge. That was an interesting ceremony setup. Is that a common way to hold a ceremony in Russia?

One thing I noticed that was a bit distracting for me was the video light that someone was holding. It felt a bit too bright and harsh (maybe use some diffusion?), and the light was often bouncing around a bit which brought my attention to it.

You had great shots of the rings going on. That's usually really hard for us to get because of the locations we're allowed to film from. Anyways, thanks again for sharing!

Serge Satkar December 18th, 2009 04:13 PM

Thank you Travis!
Yes this is the way 90% of official wedding ceremonies look like..

I didn't know that photographer going to use light on ceremony so I had no talk to him.. All ceremony is very short (it was nonstop here) and I had no chance to manage right behaviour of photog assistant. As for close up shots -- we usually fixed in place on ceremony too, but it has 3 stages between them we can change location

Travis Cossel December 18th, 2009 04:16 PM

I had a feeling that maybe the guy holding the light was not with your team. For a photographer, having the light hold very still is not an issue, that's why I suspected he wasn't with you guys. Oh well, you did your best to work with it I think. d;-)

Marty Welk December 18th, 2009 04:23 PM

that is nice , its almost like it is arranged for snagging pictures.

Serge Satkar December 18th, 2009 05:56 PM

Travis
the man with light is suspected to be by himself )) very strange behaviour )

Marty
arranged for snagging pictures
sorry, Marty, what is "snagging" my dictionary has too much meanings

Marty Welk December 18th, 2009 06:03 PM

the Subjects were not hidden, with thier backs turned, etc, easy to get pictures of , Snagging , to grab or take, that kind of snag.

Serge Satkar December 21st, 2009 05:21 PM

Thanks for explanation, Marty, yes it has some inclination for

Kees van Duijvenbode December 22nd, 2009 01:44 AM

It's obvious you used a wide angle lens or adapter. The persons at the side look al lot wider than those in the middle. I like the vibrant colors. Is this shot with a XHA1? If so was a preset used?

Serge Satkar December 22nd, 2009 11:14 AM

Thank you for feedback Kees!
Yes superwide angle lens is a problem on such positions (of small room and people at the edge of frame).. I'm afraid it was 12mm on fullframe 5DmkII.. And I'd like to know some sort of plugin that can correct such kind of distortion.. I've heard only about barrel correctors

NonDSLR cameras was Sony FX-1000 and Canon A1. I intentionally didn't color correct this documentary fragment so slight difference between both cameras can be seen.
I would say A1's picture has more "density", sharpness is more tight.. Preset was one of @vividRGB, truecolor, vision02@
(don't remember exact it was my most usable presets when I had A1)