St. Thomas Wedding Highlight at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old December 26th, 2009, 10:09 AM   #1
St. Thomas Wedding Highlight
Glen Elliott Glen Elliott is offline December 26th, 2009, 10:09 AM

Just finished up this highlight in time for Christmas for a client. It was a destination wedding in St. Thomas, USVI. Brutally hot and humid but a fun shoot none the less!

Glen Elliott
Wrangler
Views: 3032
Old December 27th, 2009, 05:45 AM   #2
Major Player

wow, smokin hot bride! great locale, not sure I agree with the music choice. solid shooting and shot choice as usual.
Scott Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2009, 04:46 PM   #3
Major Player

Good work as usual Glen!
I like the trailer song. In my opinion, the song is preparing the viewer to watch and get more involved with the dancing part.
Jose Ortiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2009, 09:36 PM   #4
Major Player

Hey Glen,
Fantastic job as always. I really enjoyed this clip. The location was spectacular. Very nice dance footage at the reception as well. You're really pushing me to find a wife for you to film my wedding. I can't wait for that day. Thanks for sharing.

Monday
Monday Isa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2009, 10:19 PM   #5
Major Player

Glen, Fantastic job, great footage at the reception I am sure it's all Canon 5DmkII :).
Michael Ojjeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2009, 04:17 AM   #6
Regular Crew

What can someone say when you present such a solid work? Very difficult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Ojjeh View Post
I am sure it's all Canon 5DmkII :).
I doubt it.
Luis Rolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2009, 09:06 AM   #7
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Hayes View Post
wow, smokin hot bride! great locale, not sure I agree with the music choice. solid shooting and shot choice as usual.
Hey Scott, thank you. Yeah the song wasn't my choice- the client chose it. I originally had something else picked out. I feel the juxtaposition isn't as strong once you get to the reception activities. Thanks again Scott.
Old December 28th, 2009, 09:07 AM   #8
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose Ortiz View Post
Good work as usual Glen!
I like the trailer song. In my opinion, the song is preparing the viewer to watch and get more involved with the dancing part.
Hey Jose, thank you. Yes I totally agree, as per my response to Scott. I originally had a slower more romantic song chosen but I don't know if that would have worked as well in retrospect.
Old December 28th, 2009, 09:07 AM   #9
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Ojjeh View Post
Glen, Fantastic job, great footage at the reception I am sure it's all Canon 5DmkII :).
I'm assuming the smiley indicates you were being sarcastic. ;) Which would be correct as I did not use any DSLRs on this shoot- all Canon XH-A1s.
Old December 28th, 2009, 09:08 AM   #10
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monday Isa View Post
Hey Glen,
Fantastic job as always. I really enjoyed this clip. The location was spectacular. Very nice dance footage at the reception as well. You're really pushing me to find a wife for you to film my wedding. I can't wait for that day. Thanks for sharing.

Monday
Monday, thank you again man- that is a huge compliment. I can't wait for that day too bro!
Old December 28th, 2009, 09:09 AM   #11
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis Rolo View Post
What can someone say when you present such a solid work? Very difficult.

I doubt it.

Well thanks Luis. I think the previous poster was being sarcastic about the "all 5DmkII" comment- especially in lieu of my posting about how I'm not all for using DSLRs for weddings/live events.
Old December 28th, 2009, 01:39 PM   #12
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen Elliott View Post
I'm assuming the smiley indicates you were being sarcastic. ;) Which would be correct as I did not use any DSLRs on this shoot- all Canon XH-A1s.
Glen, You misunderstood me, I was not being sarcastic at all, I was assuming that you used DSLR on the shoot because the footage was fantastic it really looked like it was shot with 5DmkII and that is a big compliment to you, I can't get my footage to look like yours with the XH_A1 especially inside, your colors looked beautiful. what's your secret ?
Old December 28th, 2009, 01:49 PM   #13
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen Elliott View Post
I think the previous poster was being sarcastic about the "all 5DmkII" comment- especially in lieu of my posting about how I'm not all for using DSLRs for weddings/live events.
My apology Glen, I did not read your previous posting, I have been out of the loop lately.
Old December 28th, 2009, 07:32 PM   #14
Regular Crew

Love it - that transition at 1:57 from the lookout to the reception dance is awesome.

Cheers,

MB
Matt Barwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2009, 02:11 AM   #15
Major Player

Another excellent Glen Elliott work. I can't really add too much to what has already been said. The superb color of interior scenes made me think too that it was possibly a DSLR!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery