DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   St. Thomas Wedding Highlight (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/470033-st-thomas-wedding-highlight.html)

Glen Elliott December 26th, 2009 10:09 AM

St. Thomas Wedding Highlight

Just finished up this highlight in time for Christmas for a client. It was a destination wedding in St. Thomas, USVI. Brutally hot and humid but a fun shoot none the less!

Scott Hayes December 27th, 2009 05:45 AM

wow, smokin hot bride! great locale, not sure I agree with the music choice. solid shooting and shot choice as usual.

Jose Ortiz December 27th, 2009 04:46 PM

Good work as usual Glen!
I like the trailer song. In my opinion, the song is preparing the viewer to watch and get more involved with the dancing part.

Monday Isa December 27th, 2009 09:36 PM

Hey Glen,
Fantastic job as always. I really enjoyed this clip. The location was spectacular. Very nice dance footage at the reception as well. You're really pushing me to find a wife for you to film my wedding. I can't wait for that day. Thanks for sharing.

Monday

Michael Ojjeh December 27th, 2009 10:19 PM

Glen, Fantastic job, great footage at the reception I am sure it's all Canon 5DmkII :).

Luis Rolo December 28th, 2009 04:17 AM

What can someone say when you present such a solid work? Very difficult.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Ojjeh (Post 1465205)
I am sure it's all Canon 5DmkII :).

I doubt it.

Glen Elliott December 28th, 2009 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Hayes (Post 1464978)
wow, smokin hot bride! great locale, not sure I agree with the music choice. solid shooting and shot choice as usual.

Hey Scott, thank you. Yeah the song wasn't my choice- the client chose it. I originally had something else picked out. I feel the juxtaposition isn't as strong once you get to the reception activities. Thanks again Scott.

Glen Elliott December 28th, 2009 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jose Ortiz (Post 1465121)
Good work as usual Glen!
I like the trailer song. In my opinion, the song is preparing the viewer to watch and get more involved with the dancing part.

Hey Jose, thank you. Yes I totally agree, as per my response to Scott. I originally had a slower more romantic song chosen but I don't know if that would have worked as well in retrospect.

Glen Elliott December 28th, 2009 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Ojjeh (Post 1465205)
Glen, Fantastic job, great footage at the reception I am sure it's all Canon 5DmkII :).

I'm assuming the smiley indicates you were being sarcastic. ;) Which would be correct as I did not use any DSLRs on this shoot- all Canon XH-A1s.

Glen Elliott December 28th, 2009 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monday Isa (Post 1465192)
Hey Glen,
Fantastic job as always. I really enjoyed this clip. The location was spectacular. Very nice dance footage at the reception as well. You're really pushing me to find a wife for you to film my wedding. I can't wait for that day. Thanks for sharing.

Monday

Monday, thank you again man- that is a huge compliment. I can't wait for that day too bro!

Glen Elliott December 28th, 2009 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luis Rolo (Post 1465252)
What can someone say when you present such a solid work? Very difficult.

I doubt it.

Well thanks Luis. I think the previous poster was being sarcastic about the "all 5DmkII" comment- especially in lieu of my posting about how I'm not all for using DSLRs for weddings/live events.

Michael Ojjeh December 28th, 2009 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glen Elliott (Post 1465300)
I'm assuming the smiley indicates you were being sarcastic. ;) Which would be correct as I did not use any DSLRs on this shoot- all Canon XH-A1s.

Glen, You misunderstood me, I was not being sarcastic at all, I was assuming that you used DSLR on the shoot because the footage was fantastic it really looked like it was shot with 5DmkII and that is a big compliment to you, I can't get my footage to look like yours with the XH_A1 especially inside, your colors looked beautiful. what's your secret ?

Michael Ojjeh December 28th, 2009 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glen Elliott (Post 1465301)
I think the previous poster was being sarcastic about the "all 5DmkII" comment- especially in lieu of my posting about how I'm not all for using DSLRs for weddings/live events.

My apology Glen, I did not read your previous posting, I have been out of the loop lately.

Matt Barwick December 28th, 2009 07:32 PM

Love it - that transition at 1:57 from the lookout to the reception dance is awesome.

Cheers,

MB

Dimitris Mantalias December 29th, 2009 02:11 AM

Another excellent Glen Elliott work. I can't really add too much to what has already been said. The superb color of interior scenes made me think too that it was possibly a DSLR!