DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   My very own Prewedding film :) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/470108-my-very-own-prewedding-film.html)

Susanto Widjaja December 28th, 2009 11:44 AM

My very own Prewedding film :)

This would be one of our greatest achievements... making our own prewedding film. The story is based on how I proposed to Dewi using a lot of point of view shots of my eyes.

It was a very fun and weird process for us in making this film since we are so used to do it for other people. However, the purpose of this film was to express ourselves and to tell our true love story and I believe that we did quiet well with it.

I hope that this particular film would touch a lot of hearts :)

"There are so many ways to propose to your girlfriend.. This is how I did it"

Santo
Paper Cranes Productions
Blog: weddingvideosydney.net

Paul Mailath December 29th, 2009 06:48 AM

If I don't die of old age first, one day I might be as good as you - that was fantastic Santo!

Glen Elliott December 29th, 2009 09:05 AM

Awesome stuff man! It wasn't till like 1/3rd the way in when I realized it was all a re-inaction. I loved it, don't get me wrong, but was a little disappointed it was acting and theatrics. However....as soon as I saw the real footage included at the end- that really made the clip. Amazing piece- bravo, and congratulations! I just got married this year, it was an wonderful experience- probably the single best day of my life. I wish you both the best! Thanks for sharing!

Susanto Widjaja December 30th, 2009 12:45 PM

Paul: Thanks so much mate, still learning myself here.. :)))

Glen: yea, I agree! the real footage beat the crap out of the other 5D footage :P congrats to your wedding too!!!! glad you had the best experience!

Santo

Jose Ortiz December 31st, 2009 10:59 AM

Santo!
That was incredible! No words to describe this video!
Hv30, I miss you!

Ram Purad January 3rd, 2010 09:41 AM

Excellent work Susanto, both with the proposal and the video. The ending was strong and emotional.

Great work.

Susanto Widjaja January 6th, 2010 05:19 PM

Jose: Thanks buddy, hv30 rocks! but not as much as 5d. I've seen your work, you do great stuff Jose, keep it up :)

Ram: Thanks a lot, I also like your work Ram. All the best!

Santo

Dimitris Mantalias January 8th, 2010 02:31 AM

This was incredible in both concept and realisation! I don't know why, but the scene at 2:15 looked totally awesome to me. I watched it over again and again just to find out why I am stuck with it, and still I can't say!

What more can be said? Stunning!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glen Elliott (Post 1465662)
I just got married this year, it was an wonderful experience- probably the single best day of my life.

It seems that it was the year for many of us! -:)

Susanto Widjaja January 11th, 2010 06:26 PM

Lol Dimitris !

Congrats to you on your wedding too!!!

scene 2:15 is the movie-making scene. I think it sort of reflects to all of us as videographers in a way :P

Thanks for commenting.

Santo

Travis Cossel January 11th, 2010 07:21 PM

Susanto, well done my man, well done. This was an excellent piece of story-telling where nearly everything worked perfectly. I especially enjoyed the 'flashback' sequence that you edited in during the ring presentation. For some reason, cutting back to those previous scenes was just really powerful I thought. It just really sealed the emotion and purpose.

Again, excellent job, and congrats on the marriage. I wish you both a very long and happy one, just like my wife and are having. d;-)

Susanto Widjaja January 13th, 2010 07:44 PM

Thanks again Travis, I'm glad you enjoyed this one. Dewi cried when she watched the draft, so I was sure we did pretty well on the shoot :P

Stephen J. Williams January 14th, 2010 05:11 PM

Santo...

+1 another fan of this video. Normally I show my wife all of your work (so she can see what I strive for)... But since you chose such a clever way to ask your wife to marry you, it would only make me look bad :-)

Steve

Robert Turchick January 15th, 2010 03:02 PM

I would pay money to see this in a theater. Beautifully done!
You should enter this in a short film competition. AND Congrats!

Jason Robinson January 15th, 2010 06:34 PM

That is an absolutely fantastic film. I had my own surprise proposal for my wife (captured on camera as well!) and I love re-watching it even more than the wedding footage. Not because the wedding footage is bad, but because the emotions of the proposal are so intense, even more so those of a surprise proposal. :-)

One day I may post my engagement video, though I have come so far in technical skills since then (and needless to say, I wasn't the cam op for it).

Fantastic video. I loved the use of retelling the story, and the surprise live (multi-cam even!) footage at the end was the most emotional and impactfull (is that a word) part.

Susanto Widjaja January 17th, 2010 06:53 AM

Stephen: There is always anniversary surprises! :P

Robert: That's a big compliment mate, thanks so much

Jason: Yep, we also treasure the real footage so much. It just contains so much emotion. But FYI, it wasn't multicam. I just moved the camera from top cupboard to the table since I guessed that the cam wouldn't be able to see dewi's face in full because she sat down. so I kinda moved it when she was about to watch the video (subtly) She said she didn't realise that I moved the camera or even knowing there was any camera at all which is good :)