Ayumi and Ryan's Wedding Trailer at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old January 25th, 2010, 12:28 PM   #1
Ayumi and Ryan's Wedding Trailer
Anthony Vu Anthony Vu is offline January 25th, 2010, 12:28 PM

Here's a wedding we shot at the Scripps Seaside Forum in San Diego. I'm hoping to receive some constructive criticism to get better at this. Be as open and critical has you would like. Whether it be good, bad, about the color, composition, music, etc. I'm open to listening because I have this BURNING PASSION to improve. I've seen this trailer too many times, so I need a fresh set of eyes.

Some technical notes for those we are interested:

2 Panasonic HMC150s
1 Canon 7D
Steadicam Pilot
Brevis DOF adapter
EOS Lenses: 17-24mm F4.0, 24-70mm F2.8, 70-200mm F2.8-5.6
Nikon Lenses: 50mm F1.4, 85mm F1.4
DIY Slider: 3' and 6'

Music was composed with East West Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra and Goliath Virtual Instrument

Anthony Vu
Regular Crew
Views: 1131
Old January 25th, 2010, 12:35 PM   #2
Major Player

Hi Anthony,

Some nice shots there. Liked the way you use the vocals in conjunction with the visuals.
Nice focus shift around 38 seconds and I liked the closing shot.

I was distracted by the many fade to blacks which then changed to fade to whites. I felt this detracted from the trailer rather than added anything to it. Was their a reason for using a fade to black/white on the majority of shots?

Nice work and thx for sharing.

John De Rienzo
Old January 25th, 2010, 12:48 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks John for the kind words and open criticism. As far as the fades, my initial school of thought was to attempt the movie trailer look. So starting out, it worked. Then for continuity reasons went to fade to white because of subject change content and storytelling aspect. With this in mind, I hadn't realize how distracting it was. What solution would you suggest? A cross fade or a normal cut?

Again, I wanted to echo my appreciation for your thoughts.

antz
Anthony Vu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2010, 03:14 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Hey Anthony,

I checked this one out the other day but neglected to comment. I thought it was a really well put together piece - very nice work. I didn't have a problems with the fades mentioned earlier as the white ones later seemed to be more brief flashes rather than the slower fade to blacks which were looked held for a little.

My only comment would be the amount of slider shots was a little high - subjective I guess but I was looking at it with fresh eyes.

Hope that helps. Cheers,

MB.
Matt Barwick is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery