"Once upon a time" cinematic wedding trailer at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old January 29th, 2010, 06:17 PM   #1
"Once upon a time" cinematic wedding trailer
Dimitris Mantalias Dimitris Mantalias is offline January 29th, 2010, 06:17 PM

Well, an important trailer for us, since it's the first time we are using the Canon 7D for shooting a wedding. Well, at least some parts of it. The following trailer though is almost exclusively shot with the 7D with the exception of the steadicam shots which are done with the Sony FX1. Another important aspect for us, is that we always wanted to do a "real" black and white video and I mean with proper tone curving and "grainy" processing, as seen in photography. Any comments are always welcome. :)

Dimitris Mantalias
Major Player
Views: 1267
Old January 29th, 2010, 07:36 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Nice work, Dimitris! This was a beautiful piece; very consistent mood all the way through. Personally I felt like the blacks were a bit too crushed at first, but I got used to the look so I think it works. Thanks for sharing!
Old January 29th, 2010, 08:03 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitris Mantalias View Post
Well, an important trailer for us, since it's the first time we are using the Canon 7D for shooting a wedding. Well, at least some parts of it. The following trailer though is almost exclusively shot with the 7D with the exception of the steadicam shots which are done with the Sony FX1. Another important aspect for us, is that we always wanted to do a "real" black and white video and I mean with proper tone curving and "grainy" processing, as seen in photography. Any comments are always welcome. :)

"Once Upon A Time" Wedding Cinematic Trailer on Vimeo

Very nice unique look. I really liked it!
Michael Dontigney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2010, 09:16 PM   #4
Trustee

Dimitris,

Very dramatic... it had a kind of timeless quality to it. I enjoyed it very much.
Old January 30th, 2010, 06:56 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Very good and cinematic. Did you use the 7D on a glidetrack?
Asvaldur Kristjansson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2010, 09:05 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Had a great feel to it. Loved the black and white and in particular the heavily crushed blacks.

Only comment would be the titling which didn't fit for me at all with such a good piece. Having it centred vertically combined with the clichéd shine effect just took away from it IMO.

Cheers,

MB.
Matt Barwick is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery