First Wedding Video at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old February 25th, 2010, 09:18 AM   #1
First Wedding Video
Nick Miller Nick Miller is offline February 25th, 2010, 09:18 AM

Hi this is the first wedding video that i have ever made, i did it for some friends of mine, curious to see what you guys think about it. it was shot with two Canon hf s10's.

Nick Miller
New Boot
Views: 1192
Old February 25th, 2010, 09:47 AM   #2
Major Player

pretty good for first video ever

just a little suggestion which is something that i think we all have done (i know i have) is not to slow mo the footage in post. i know it has a little emotional effect and ur client doesn't notice as much but for your own evolution, try to grab as many shots as possible so you have lots to edit with instead of slow mo shots. I know I used to love in the beginning and one day I just decided to try without it and haven't look back since then

Other than great stuff dude
Old February 25th, 2010, 09:53 AM   #3
New Boot

Thanks Jawad! I know i have a long way to go with weddings, so any advice is greatly appreciated!
Nick Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2010, 10:27 AM   #4
Major Player

btw didn't realize u were close by :)

i emailed u
Old February 25th, 2010, 01:21 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
Thanks Jawad! I know i have a long way to go with weddings, so any advice is greatly appreciated!
I don't think you have as far to go as you may think....
I agree with Jawad that less slowmo would be a good thing. But like he said we all have been there. I also thought the swing tilt at 2' was a little much. Try bumping it down a little where you still get the same effect but not noticed as much.
This was solid start to finish...

also, I just would like to point out the coors light must be the "beer of brides". This was the 3rd video I've seen today with a bride holding a coors in her hands :-)

Steve
Stephen J. Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2010, 01:26 PM   #6
New Boot

Thanks Steve, I just purchased a glidecam as well as a INDIslider, so hopefully i'll be able to lose the swing tilt at the next wedding.
Nick Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2010, 03:22 PM   #7
Major Player

Indeed, for a first wedding video, it's pretty good! And I might add, that I am one of those that still loves the slow motion. :) One question though. How exactly did you do the slow motion? What NLE do you use for editing? I am asking because the slow motion seems a little jerky, and it would be much more effective if it was smoother.

Also loved the song! Thanks for sharing.
Old February 25th, 2010, 03:39 PM   #8
New Boot

I actually edited this video on Imovie because at the time i wasn't experienced enough with fcp.
Nick Miller is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery