"CITY OF LAKES" - Udaipur, India wedding trailer - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old March 8th, 2010, 12:02 PM  
"CITY OF LAKES" - Udaipur, India wedding trailer
Kevin Shahinian Kevin Shahinian is offline March 8th, 2010, 12:02 PM

Hello everyone,

It's my pleasure to share a trailer from our recent destination wedding shoot with Melissa & Samir in Udaipur, India - a breathtaking place in the region of Rajasthan known as the "City of Lakes."

To preface the piece, I had been eager for some time to combine a fully scripted, produced concept movie with a couples’ live, real wedding - in a way that would blur the lines between a proper film production and a wedding film. The real wedding would inform the plot & secondary characters and add a much deeper layer of meaning & substance through its relevance to the couple, their families and their story. The hope was to create a film far more dramatically engaging and emotionally resonant by telling the story of the wedding from an alternate point of view. The debate was: could an entertaining, dramatic film be created that was also a document of the couples' emotional experience? I continue to wonder which is the most effective way to “document” or capture an emotional state, a scripted production or documentary? What do you think?

Also, do you think a project like this could have a viable future in event filmmaking or is it just a one-of-a-kind project? Do you think more and more clients will begin to ask about these types of projects, thus levying more control into the hands of their event filmmaker?

I can't thank Melissa, Samir and their families enough for the faith & trust they put in us to complete this project. I also can't give enough credit to our cast, and our crew (a complete list is viewable on our blog & vimeo page) - which included Patrick Moreau, Joe Simon & Casey Warren - and of course a special thanks to our supporters, Canon, Tiffen/Steadicam and Cinevate. Dennis Wood & the Cinevate team put together an incredible behind-the-scenes "Prelude" contest so be sure to check it out at Cinevate: DSLR Rigs, Camera Sliders, Follow Focus and More.

Please feel free to post questions (although budgeting will not be addressed since this is an indexed forum. Thanks for understanding). You're also welcome to DM me if you'd like me to answer a question directly.

Thanks & enjoy!

THE PACIFIC PICTURES BLOG: "CITY OF LAKES" on the Pacific Pictures blog

VIMEO:

Kevin Shahinian
Regular Crew
Views: 6080
Old March 26th, 2010, 03:05 AM   #31
Inner Circle

"receive a considerable level of control from your client"

That I think is a very important part of the whole process if you want to produce films like you do, most of my clients want me "behind the scene's" and then the only option left is to observe and record, even yesterday I was talking to a client who was doubting to include video for her wedding because she taught a photog and a videographer together would be too "busy" and ruin her day.
That's what I like about your video's so much, it's the level of client involvement, they become part of the movie, not just as observers but as participators. I also think the storytelling part outweighs the visual aspect, if you would have a good story and good sound, you can make a masterpiece with just a small handheld handycam. It's finding the clients that want to get into this level of involvement that can be the tricky part.
Noa Put is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery