Please review and let me hear your opinion at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old April 5th, 2010, 09:38 AM   #1
Please review and let me hear your opinion
Lui Kuzman Lui Kuzman is offline April 5th, 2010, 09:38 AM

this is my first submission and I really would like to hear what you have to say because I value everyone's opinion here. What did you like and what didn't you?
How can I improve on the next one?
A big thanks in advance guys!

Lui Kuzman

Lui Kuzman
Tourist
Views: 1281
Old April 11th, 2010, 04:11 AM   #2
Tourist

Thank you to all who have seen the higlights.I really would like some constructive comments and I'm thick skinned if my style is ripped to pieces. The Bride and the Groom loved the highlights, I'm just looking for more constructive comments from fellow videographers.

Lui Kuzman
Lui Kuzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2010, 10:14 AM   #3
Major Player

Hey Lui...

Welcome to the DVINFO class room...I came here a few years ago looking for direction, it's been the best thing I've ever done regarding event videography.

So, as you mentioned the B&G liked it... So mission accomplished!

A couple of things that I would have done differently...

- The opening audio to speech didn't sound bad, but at the same time could have sounded better. That was your lapel mic hooked up the podium right? Were you using a wireless kit or digital recorder? I always try to plug into the DJ's master output... I've always been pleased with the results. Not every DJ is willing to do so, but when you can... I would suggest it.

- I would have also grabbed a tighter shot on the groom while he was giving his speech.
I didn't notice many (any) CU shots during your edit. You need to mix it up a bit. Then again I'm a sucker for CU's and probably have way to many in my HL's. The opposite problem of you :-)
What a great speech by the groom... "no word invented yet" Smooth!

- I wouldn't have mind seeing more from the bride prep. It's a good way to build to the suspense and drama of the upcoming ceremony. Also, I find that some of my best shots from the day come from the bride prep. Possibly because it's a slower pace and the environment is more controlled. The shots you had looked great...

- I feel like the B&W filter was a little overused... I used to do this all the time in the past my self. Then I read where somewhere mentioned something about using B&W where there shouldn't be B&W. That stuck in my mind, and since then I've always second guessed my self "should I use B&W here?" Long story short... I don't use it all anymore.

- I think the biggest thing is the length... It's perfect for the B&G. They love seeing themselves. But for the normal viewing audience I would have kept it a little shorter. 2-3 minutes is my ideal length. You had some great shots in there... So imagine if you shortened everything up and only included the best of the best. It would greatly improve what you already have.

These were the things that I noticed. The great thing about this forum is the abundance of everyone's different styles and approaches. There's nothing wrong with what you put together. I can only tell you how I would have done if it was me (regarding my style).
I look forward to seeing some of your future work.

Steve
Stephen J. Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2010, 05:16 AM   #4
Tourist

Hey Steve

Thanks for watching my video and I appreciate your time & comments.
Yes I do use a wireless kit attached to the podium & I also use the iriver for backup sound. I don't fully trust the DJ's that's why I haven't asked the DJ to get the sound from his mixer.On my next weddings I might ask them to get the sound from their mixer.
I agree with you about CU shots of the groom during the speeches. As a 2 camera 1 operator I have to play safe. Second operator would be perfect....Just I need to charge more :-)
I intend to include more Photo Session footage because I beleive B&G looks more relax comparing with the pre-ceremony events. However I will try something different in next projects.
I like the B&W filter. Watching the highlights again I have to agree that I should use it less. Maybe after mastering MB Lokks and colour grading.
I totaly agree about lenght of the video. It should be shorter. Watching it again and with your comments I can see how this could be done differently.
Thank you again.

Lui
Lui Kuzman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery