Highlight video... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old April 6th, 2010, 08:42 PM   #1
Highlight video...
Stephen J. Williams Stephen J. Williams is offline April 6th, 2010, 08:42 PM

This wedding kicked off me 2010 season... I was a little rusty and worn out by the end of the night. I should have conditioned my self better during the off-season...
Steve

Stephen J. Williams
Major Player
Views: 1181
Old April 6th, 2010, 09:47 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Hey Steve,

Some really nice shots in there and a great story of their day which I'm sure they'll love. The opening ring animation was v.cool, as was the transition with the passing truck around 0:14 - I love that way of cutting a scene - Spielberg made it famous in Jaws with people passing the frame on the beach. Your slider shots looked good too.

Not sure if you're after critique, but one thing that particularly caught my eye was the low shot of her walking down the aisle. It can be quite unflattering as it accentuates size.

Are you shooting any DSLR stuff?

Cheers,

MB.
Matt Barwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2010, 07:44 AM   #3
Major Player

Hey matt. I'm always after critiques :-)
that's how I normally shoot the bride comming down the isle. Usually the photog is over my shoulder. I've just been used to staying low. I'll rethink this shot compistion for my following weddings. I did my best to frame my shots to make them look their best. I agree that this could have been a little better.
I like my slider but unfortantly it wasn't adjusted properly and I was fighting some friction. Lessons learned.
Thanks again for watching and commenting. I always look forward to your input.
Steve
Stephen J. Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2010, 11:29 PM   #4
Major Player

The opening shot is a killer ..reminds me of JMAG..overall it was a well done video !
Kren Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2010, 04:00 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Hey Steve,

Yeah - I don't necessarily think it's a 'bad' angle to shoot it at and I do it quite often too - just probably a reflection of the couple in this particular wedding.
Matt Barwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2010, 04:21 AM   #6
Major Player

Hi Steve. I think this is one of your best videos you have ever uploaded for sharing, despite the fact you're talking about technical errors. As said by others, the ring shot is neat (so tired of ring shots in general, but this one was too clever to ignore! :) ) . What I liked the most though, is that unlike what happens usually, you took a couple that shouldn't be considered impressive by the standards of fashion magazines, and created a film that is beautiful and touching. And I think that is the most important thing when coming to the creation of a wedding film. Thumbs up.
Old April 12th, 2010, 05:14 PM   #7
Major Player

Dimitris...

Thanks for watching and commenting. Thanks for the compliments. As you may know, I'm a fan of your work. So it means a lot to me to hear you say that. I guess I picked up something from watching Matt Barwicks impressive ring shots :-)
The B&G really loved this video... I was stressing over the angles for days before the shoot, but came out pleased with the results.

Kren, thanks for watching and posting... No where near JMAG material though :-)

Steve
Stephen J. Williams is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery