DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   Dimitris & Dimitra Wedding Highlights (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/476642-dimitris-dimitra-wedding-highlights.html)

Dimitris Mantalias April 12th, 2010 01:34 AM

Dimitris & Dimitra Wedding Highlights

Another wedding highlights video. This time we found ourselves in Athens and (almost) everything was great. Nice weather, excellent couple and beautiful church, inside the Golf Club. Only minus was that during the reception, the owners decided that it would be better if they turned off ALL the lights! And I mean, all of them. If we hadn't some spot lights on the cameras, the guests wouldn't see ANYTHING! As a result, during the couple's dance, the bride's grandpa fell into the pool and almost drowned to death! :( If it was me, I would sue the reception hall owners right away. Anyway, besides that, everything else was sweet.

Stephen J. Williams April 12th, 2010 04:25 PM

Dimitris...

What a great edit! The colors really added to the piece. Action packed! What's the name of the font that you were using? It kinda reminds me of rosewell but not as tight.
Thanks for sharing this one.
Steve

Hameed Aabid April 12th, 2010 06:34 PM

This is great work!!!!

Nice shots and great edit.

What is your rig like, if you don't mind me asking?

Dimitris Mantalias April 13th, 2010 01:12 AM

Hi Hameed. Actually our rig differs depending on the job. We have a lot of gear (even a big crane on a dolly! :) ) but we rarely use all of it on a job. In this particular wedding though, we were using three FX1s (one of them with a 35mm adaptor) and a Canon HV20 (not showing in the highlights video). Also the Varizoom's Flowpod, Glidecam 4000 and a very tiny bit of Glidetrack. The last 30-40 seconds of the video (the dancing shots) were all shot with Flowpod which proves that with the right use you can create "steadicam-like" shots with this little tool.

Hameed Aabid April 13th, 2010 01:26 AM

Yes... my point was the rig you used in that video. Thanks for explaining :)

I really liked and the b/w shot of the bride kissing the groom... was my favorite. I have a thing for b/w :) and the flowpod shots were great too.

Chris Talawe April 15th, 2010 06:36 PM

i dont post much but i gotta say that was some amazing editing. great job! i like the little edits where you speed it up and transition to the next clip. what nle do you use?

Stelios Christofides April 16th, 2010 02:27 AM

Very well done Dimitris. I always love your work and since we have the same cultural background it makes it much more enjoyable to watch and learn from a master!

Stelios

John De Rienzo April 16th, 2010 03:00 AM

Great work Dimitris, with some really awesome shots. I Like! :)

Dimitris Mantalias April 16th, 2010 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Talawe (Post 1514855)
i dont post much but i gotta say that was some amazing editing. great job! i like the little edits where you speed it up and transition to the next clip. what nle do you use?

We use Premiere CS3 or CS4 (depending on which computer the editing is done :) ).