Slider Footage at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old April 15th, 2010, 11:09 PM   #1
Slider Footage
Mark Von Lanken Mark Von Lanken is offline April 15th, 2010, 11:09 PM

I recently got the DP Slider, the V720 model. I was instantly impressed with the quality and ease of use. It almost makes it too easy to get incredible shots. I really like the versatility of the DP slider and especially the V series, which also allows for vertical sliding.

By mounting the slider on a tripod head and then adding a ball head to the slider, you can get both horizontal slides and vertical slides because the ball head allows you to level the camera.

These features make the DP Slider ideal for wedding and event work, where quick run and gun shooting is required. I think the V720 (about 30 inches) is ideal for this type of shooting. I also just got the V1200 (about 48 inches). It is not quite as convenient at the V720, but it does allow for longer slides. You can mount the V1200 to a tripod, but it really pushes the ability to keep the tripod from shifting when sliding to the outer limits. I just tried the V1200 on two light stands and it works great in this mode, but using two lights stands is not as quick and easy as using the V720 on a tripod.

I have since used the DP Slider on a few more shoots and will post some more footage next week once I get back from a wedding in New Hampshire and a speaking engagement at the Boston PVA.

Mark Von Lanken
Major Player
Views: 1935
Old April 27th, 2010, 05:00 PM   #2
Major Player

Great footage Mark, it was nice meeting you and your wife in Boston last week, thank you for sharing your knowledge with us at the NPVA meeting, everybody really enjoyed having you guys and gained a lot of valuable information, job well done !!!
Michael Ojjeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2010, 11:35 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Mark, makes me wanna buy one of those sliders :D I'm just wondering how smooth is the vertical slides?
Old April 30th, 2010, 12:48 PM   #4
Major Player

Hi Michael,

It was nice meeting you as well. We had a wonderful time in Boston with the NPVA. Thanks for the kind words.
Old April 30th, 2010, 12:52 PM   #5
Major Player

Hi Ian,

The smoothness of vertical slides and horizontal slides are the same. It makes no difference to the DP Slider. The biggest factors are the camera person and gravity. It takes more skill to get smooth vertical slides, but with a little practice, they look great.
Old June 3rd, 2010, 11:04 AM   #6
Major Player

The "von" code to save $50 on a DP Slider ends Sunday, June 6, so if you are planning on making a purchase soon, do it before June 6.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery