Day After Shoot | Islamorada, Florida at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old May 19th, 2010, 09:32 AM   #1
Concept Film | "Frame a Pretty Picture"
Sarah Pendergraft Sarah Pendergraft is offline May 19th, 2010, 09:32 AM

We knew going into this destination wedding that we were doing a concept film shoot, but we weren't sure of the exact theme until we got there... we wanted to let the island inspire us. We actually picked more locations to shoot at than are seen in the video but because some bad storms came through we only had a couple of hours to shoot before sunset. Despite being a little rushed, and a little wet :-) we had a lot of fun with this shoot.

Last edited by Sarah Pendergraft; May 19th, 2010 at 12:41 PM..

Sarah Pendergraft
Regular Crew
Views: 1393
Old May 19th, 2010, 03:14 PM   #2
Major Player

Sarah...

I had a similar idea once but never followed through. You make me wish I did. This was a great video. It looked like a lot of fun to shoot and edit. I miss the Florida waters, you don't get much better.

Steve
Stephen J. Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2010, 03:51 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Steve, it really was fun. The rain made it tricky and quite rushed, but also made it kind of cool in the little "rain forest" area. And you're right about the Florida waters... watching this last night, Rick said "I'm so ready to go back."
Old May 19th, 2010, 09:02 PM   #4
Major Player

Great stuff Sarah.

I love it how it felt like we are going around the whole island. The frame works very well with the music to create an quirky and relax feel

I was somehow waiting to see them jump into the water.. but it must be too cold!

Santo
Old May 20th, 2010, 08:46 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Thanks Santo!

We had actually planned on having them jump in the ocean, but the week we were in Florida was the one last year where they had record cold temps, so cold they were having all of these fish kills because the tropical fish couldn't handle the low temps. So, needless to say our B&G weren't too thrilled with the idea of an ocean swim, and we couldn't blame them. :-)
Old May 20th, 2010, 11:17 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Sarah,

I love the concept! I thought it was well executed. You had a great mix of wide shots, medium shots, and close ups. A weakness I see many event filmmakers do is they don't include such variety, relying too much on DOF and close ups.

I would have liked to see you put actual photos in the video to juxtapose the shots created by the frame. But that's just style choice on my part. Probably not necessary. :)

Great work. Seems like a really fun shoot and couple!
Anthony Vu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2010, 11:18 PM   #7
Major Player

Great concept and nice shooting !! although i was also waiting for a still picture to appear in some parts but regardless that's just my 2 cents :)

Kren

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery