Our Wedding Showcase 2010 at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 21st, 2010, 10:27 AM   #1
Our Wedding Showcase 2010
Susanto Widjaja Susanto Widjaja is offline May 21st, 2010, 10:27 AM

Hi guys, please allow us to share our wedding showcase 2010. The concept is still similar with our previous 2009 showcase showing how video can give a lot more than most people think about while also showcasing our work.

Please feel free to comment and give feedback.

Just some technical details for those who are interested in knowing:

cameras: 5dmk2, 7d, xh-a1, letus extreme, sony fx1
editing: fcp
color correction: tiffen dfx, magic bullet, color wheel

I'd probably explain a bit about my editing workflow since it may be useful for some people. I basically export all of my trailer clips and my prewedding clips (4-5 mins each) everytime I finish a project. So I have a collection of 4-5 mins each which is about 3-4 gig each. They were all rendered in Prores 1920x1080p25. I then have all of my clips on the same codec which allows me to edit them nicely together. I then chose a song to cut them to and the way I choose the footage is mainly trying to fit in the words of the song. I prefer this way because it is so hard to choose the footage from so many different stuff that we shot over the year. And since we are getting the footage from trailer clips, all of the footage are great footage that were pre-chosen as well.. makes it harder.. so to narrow down your decision is a great plus.

Anyway, hope that helps, without further ado, here we are...

__________________
If a picture is worth a thousand words, what about motion picture?
website: www.papercranes.com.au | blog: www.weddingvideosydney.net

Susanto Widjaja
Major Player
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 622
Views: 2016
Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2010, 02:19 PM   #2
Major Player
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: London
Posts: 313
Hi Susanto,

Firstly it's a really nice piece in it's own right with some good shots throughout.

I like the way you use the titles at the begining to tell the story from still to motion!

My only reservations would be the music choice. I found it quite slow going and I got a little
impatient around the 2 min mark but persisted on. I also found the vocal part about dying a little
disconcerting.

I guess the music choice dictated the pace, and I do like a little more energy in showreels.

Really good overall and I am sure your potential clients will love it.

Cheers.
__________________
De Rienzo Films
www.derienzo-films.co.uk
John De Rienzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2010, 07:36 PM   #3
Trustee
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Central Coast - NSW, Australia
Posts: 1,420
Fantastic Santo,

I'm going to put a link to that piece on the front page of my website with the comment "this is how good I want to be"

see you in July
__________________
Cheers - Paul M.
www.relivetheday.com.au : www.perbenyik.com
Paul Mailath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2010, 07:37 PM   #4
Major Player
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 256
I think the demo is brilliant. It does just what our industry needs; shows the value of video in creating powerful, rich emotions and memories and shows that even though there is fantastic equipment available to the average person, it is not the equipment, but the talent of a professional using that equipment that makes a wedding film instead of a home movie.

Keep up the good work that raises the bar and improves the perception of what we do.
Lloyd Coleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2010, 01:06 AM   #5
Major Player
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 387
Lovely mate! I like the way you build the video in a typical storyline of a wedding.. preps, holy matrimony, then reception.. but compiled with different couples.. Is that the way you planned it out to be?

I like the song selection too.. I say you are a big fan of Ingrid Michaelson? :P

I'm not any better than you but my preferrence would be to change the font size/style in the beginning during the stills.. I think it's a bit too small.. but that's just my 2 cents :)
Johannes Soetandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2010, 02:02 AM   #6
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Virgo Supercluster
Posts: 83
This is just great.... Really well done, mate.
Hameed Aabid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2010, 04:26 AM   #7
Trustee
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,498
I like it. Very much in line with yr theme to "unfold stories"
__________________
Firewerkz Films SGP
Sean Seah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2010, 06:39 AM   #8
Major Player
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by John De Rienzo View Post
Hi Susanto,

Firstly it's a really nice piece in it's own right with some good shots throughout.

I like the way you use the titles at the begining to tell the story from still to motion!

My only reservations would be the music choice. I found it quite slow going and I got a little
impatient around the 2 min mark but persisted on. I also found the vocal part about dying a little
disconcerting.

I guess the music choice dictated the pace, and I do like a little more energy in showreels.

Really good overall and I am sure your potential clients will love it.

Cheers.
Hi John, Thanks for your comment, I agree music is a bit slow. The biggest reason for me to keep it there is that I like the cinematic feel of it and the end build up.

Trust me I spent quiet some time searching for a song, and although its not perfect, I don't feel like I regret choosing this one. The song that I used for last year's showreel was more happy feel though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Mailath View Post
Fantastic Santo,

I'm going to put a link to that piece on the front page of my website with the comment "this is how good I want to be"

see you in July
Thanks so much for that Paul, you're too kind with words. See u in July, we'll have fun eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd Coleman View Post
I think the demo is brilliant. It does just what our industry needs; shows the value of video in creating powerful, rich emotions and memories and shows that even though there is fantastic equipment available to the average person, it is not the equipment, but the talent of a professional using that equipment that makes a wedding film instead of a home movie.

Keep up the good work that raises the bar and improves the perception of what we do.
Thanks so much Lloyd. I'm glad you thought it was helping the industry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johannes Soetandi View Post
Lovely mate! I like the way you build the video in a typical storyline of a wedding.. preps, holy matrimony, then reception.. but compiled with different couples.. Is that the way you planned it out to be?

I like the song selection too.. I say you are a big fan of Ingrid Michaelson? :P

I'm not any better than you but my preferrence would be to change the font size/style in the beginning during the stills.. I think it's a bit too small.. but that's just my 2 cents :)
Yes I'm a fan of Ingrid! big time! :)
I didn't plan it to be going from preps to holy matrimony and such and such. It just happened during the editing. I was inserting too much of preps initially and I had to cut down a lot of preps to make it more diverse. I only hope I could put in some more prewedding film shots, but what can u do eh?
I actually already made the fonts bigger :P bear in mind that you are watching it on a vimeo screen, might look ok on a lcd tv :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hameed Aabid View Post
This is just great.... Really well done, mate.
Thanks Hameed :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Seah View Post
I like it. Very much in line with yr theme to "unfold stories"
Thanks Sean, glad you found it that way.
__________________
If a picture is worth a thousand words, what about motion picture?
website: www.papercranes.com.au | blog: www.weddingvideosydney.net
Susanto Widjaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2010, 09:51 AM   #9
Major Player
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mays Landing, NJ
Posts: 768
Santo...

I remember you doing a similar intro last year as well... It was awesome then and still AWESOME now. I loved the demo... Whenever I see something inspirational, I show my wife so she knows what I'm striving for. You've become a household name in my place. Great job...

Steve
Stephen J. Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2010, 02:31 PM   #10
Major Player
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tampa Florida
Posts: 347
Excellent as usual!
Bravo Santo!
Jose Ortiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2010, 07:28 AM   #11
Major Player
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose Ortiz View Post
Excellent as usual!
Bravo Santo!
Thanks Jose, always great to hear from you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen J. Williams View Post
Santo...

I remember you doing a similar intro last year as well... It was awesome then and still AWESOME now. I loved the demo... Whenever I see something inspirational, I show my wife so she knows what I'm striving for. You've become a household name in my place. Great job...

Steve
Thanks Steve, you're too kind with words and I can only sincerely thank you :) I hope I get to invited for dinner when I come around :P
__________________
If a picture is worth a thousand words, what about motion picture?
website: www.papercranes.com.au | blog: www.weddingvideosydney.net
Susanto Widjaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2010, 12:12 AM   #12
Major Player
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
Posts: 415
I was so impressed with this piece that i showed it to my friends/coworkers and they cannot believe that wedding videos can be filmed like this.. certainly an inspiration , but most of all thank you for sharing so that we can learn from great videographers like yourself..

Look me up anytime if you ever thread on "Winter"peg, Manitoba, Canada. Dinner is on me :)

Cheers

Kren
Vertical Video Works | www.verticalvideoworks.ca
Kren Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2010, 10:13 PM   #13
Major Player
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 622
@kren: Thanks buddy, I will definitely look forward to that dinner some day. (getting hungry now)
__________________
If a picture is worth a thousand words, what about motion picture?
website: www.papercranes.com.au | blog: www.weddingvideosydney.net
Susanto Widjaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2010, 12:45 AM   #14
Major Player
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
Posts: 415
For sure ! BTW, Jason Magbanua (Jmag) posted props to you as inspiration for his latest video...
Kren Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2010, 07:00 PM   #15
Major Player
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 212
great job Susanto!
__________________
Bay Area Wedding Videographerwww.reb6studios.com
Sigmund Reboquio is offline   Reply
Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY

Z.G.C.
(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

 



Google
 

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:46 PM.


DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2017 The Digital Video Information Network