DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   New Trailer, short and sweet (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/479300-new-trailer-short-sweet.html)

Sarah Pendergraft May 24th, 2010 10:03 AM

New Trailer, short and sweet

Comments and critiques welcome. Thanks! :-)

Stephen J. Williams May 24th, 2010 11:49 AM

Very good Sarah... I love the opening... quick, simple, fast paced.... Great job!

Steve

Mark Hendren May 25th, 2010 07:49 AM

Very cool! Love how it starts slow and really picks up with the preps. You squeezed a lot into a short amount of time! Kudos!

Jawad Mir May 25th, 2010 02:22 PM

Sarah,
It's one thing to produce a video, another to be good at it but it's a completely different achievement when you improve in short amount of time.

Not too long ago, I saw some of your earlier works. They were all good in their own capacity but this video I think is your best work to date. I love the story telling and editing.

Excellent Stuff.

Kren Barnes May 25th, 2010 08:08 PM

Great trailer! short and precise without any wasted shots... right to the heart of the story...you really told it very well. Cheers!

Kren
www.verticalvideoworks.ca

Sarah Pendergraft May 26th, 2010 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kren Barnes (Post 1531468)
Great trailer! short and precise without any wasted shots... right to the heart of the story...you really told it very well. Cheers!

Kren
www.verticalvideoworks.ca

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Hendren (Post 1531174)
Very cool! Love how it starts slow and really picks up with the preps. You squeezed a lot into a short amount of time! Kudos!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen J. Williams (Post 1530783)
Very good Sarah... I love the opening... quick, simple, fast paced.... Great job!

Steve

Thanks guys! This is my goal now with any trailer, to try to keep it short and truly make it a "teaser" for the full video instead of simply a highlights piece called a trailer. I want to make them like real movie trailers as much as possible, without making them so short that the client doesn't feel it was worth the money. (yes a well done 30 second spot can take a lot of time, but they don't really know that)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jawad Mir (Post 1531358)
Sarah,
It's one thing to produce a video, another to be good at it but it's a completely different achievement when you improve in short amount of time.

Not too long ago, I saw some of your earlier works. They were all good in their own capacity but this video I think is your best work to date. I love the story telling and editing.

Excellent Stuff.

Thanks so much! Sometimes when I look at our work from a year ago I almost feel sorry for those clients that they didn't get a better video. :-P I know that's silly... we all grow, improve, and charge more. :-) But yes, I would say we have drastically improved over the past year. I think when we first started we were too suck on what we thought a wedding film was "supposed" to be like. Going to WEVA Expo and getting involved in the forums here, at VU, and Event Filmmaker has taught us so much.

Dimitris Mantalias May 27th, 2010 04:13 AM

Quality work Sarah! Very good editing, and I liked the "sudden" ending with the rings!

Travis Cossel May 27th, 2010 11:07 PM

Great trailer, Sarah. I love that you kept the pace and length just right. The shot with the boys and girls was perfect too. Awesome job!