DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   SDE with a killer ring shot (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/479359-sde-killer-ring-shot.html)

Susanto Widjaja May 25th, 2010 06:57 AM

SDE with a killer ring shot

Hi guys,

I'd like to share another SDE that we did. The highlight of this one is the ring shot that we did... my assistant came up with the idea and everything just went from there. it may not be the greatest ring shot ever, but we had so much fun shooting it.

This is also the first time we ever have the DPslider in our arsenal and I have to say that we were absolutely pleased with it. Good on you Don Pham! those expensive shipping cost was worth it in the end! :P

Will do a more complete review once we get to use it more often.

As usual, any comments and feedback are welcome.

Thanks guys

Santo

Stephen J. Williams May 25th, 2010 11:28 AM

Yep Santo... Pretty original ring shot. I loved how the bubbles carried through the video. Did you ask for their permission or just do it? I'm always a little nervous when I want to push the limits with the ring shot.

Steve

Jawad Mir May 25th, 2010 12:07 PM

Susanto,
As usual great SDE

Indeed the ring shot was killer. I loved it :)

keep it up

Kren Barnes May 25th, 2010 08:21 PM

nice...nice..very nice! that ring shot is the bee's knees.. wish my assistant would come up with ideas like that..Are you submitting an entry to the upcoming WEVA 20th Annual Creative Excellence Awards Competition?

Cheers,

Kren
Vertical Video Works | www.verticalvideoworks.com

Sarah Pendergraft May 26th, 2010 02:46 PM

Very nice. Awesome venues! And yes, the ring shot rocks!! How long did you have to edit this? It amazes me to see this kind of work as an SDE.

My only critique would be how low the music gets during the vows. Was it just to avoid a conflict of the vocals in the song with the vows? If so, here is a free program I use that usually does a very good job in dropping out vocals in a song enough that it lays easily under voice over in a piece.

Audacity: Free Audio Editor and Recorder

Johannes Soetandi May 26th, 2010 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah Pendergraft (Post 1531788)
Very nice. Awesome venues! And yes, the ring shot rocks!! How long did you have to edit this? It amazes me to see this kind of work as an SDE.[/url]

See Santo, I told you, its too good to be true.. Now give me that Time Stopper Machine! :D

Travis Cossel May 26th, 2010 07:39 PM

Indeed a killer ring shot. In fact, the entire opening sequence was killer. Nice job, buddy! I also enjoyed the sweet reaction shot of the bride you got in the reflection. Timing is everything. d;-)

Susanto Widjaja May 26th, 2010 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen J. Williams (Post 1531282)
Yep Santo... Pretty original ring shot. I loved how the bubbles carried through the video. Did you ask for their permission or just do it? I'm always a little nervous when I want to push the limits with the ring shot.

Steve

Hi Stephen, yea the bubbles have certainly become the theme on this SDE. I actually friends with the bride and groom so I could do pretty much "anything" I wanted with the ring at that time. but if I didn't know them, I would probably ask their permission to dip the rings onto soap water, which they would definitely say yes anyway.. most of our couples are excited with ring shots..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jawad Mir (Post 1531301)
Susanto,
As usual great SDE

Indeed the ring shot was killer. I loved it :)

keep it up

Thanks Jawad :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kren Barnes (Post 1531473)
nice...nice..very nice! that ring shot is the bee's knees.. wish my assistant would come up with ideas like that..Are you submitting an entry to the upcoming WEVA 20th Annual Creative Excellence Awards Competition?

Cheers,

Kren

Hi Kren, maybe you should feed your assistant some steak before shoot like I do.. :P jk...
Yea I did actually sent a few stuff to weva, fingers crossed!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah Pendergraft (Post 1531788)
Very nice. Awesome venues! And yes, the ring shot rocks!! How long did you have to edit this? It amazes me to see this kind of work as an SDE.

My only critique would be how low the music gets during the vows. Was it just to avoid a conflict of the vocals in the song with the vows? If so, here is a free program I use that usually does a very good job in dropping out vocals in a song enough that it lays easily under voice over in a piece.

Audacity: Free Audio Editor and Recorder

Hi Sarah, thanks for the feedback. we started editing at 6pm and showed the sde at around 9.30pm
I actually finished editing at 9pm. We were scheduled for 10pm showtime but its always better to screen it earlier as it will make the wow factor bigger. Thanks for that audacity program. i have heard about it but never actually used it. Will give it a try.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johannes Soetandi (Post 1531862)
See Santo, I told you, its too good to be true.. Now give me that Time Stopper Machine! :D

I just put it up on ebay!

Johannes Soetandi May 26th, 2010 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susanto Widjaja (Post 1531892)
Hi Sarah, thanks for the feedback. we started editing at 6pm and showed the sde at around 9.30pm. I actually finished editing at 9pm. We were scheduled for 10pm showtime but its always better to screen it earlier as it will make the wow factor bigger. Thanks for that audacity program. i have heard about it but never actually used it. Will give it a try.

Wow your SDE doesn't reflect 3 hours edit at all.. it is so well made. Amazing mate. I'll definitely look up ebay for that time machine :P

If I may know, does that 3 hours include converting from h.264 native file or did you set time before that to do it? and did you choose your particular footages before converting or mass convert (would take ages I reckon)?

I was trying to time myself on my current wedding trailer project.. took me 5-6 hours to select footages, convert and edit. I guess while filming you must have all the storyboard running on your head so that during editing you sorta knew what to achieve.

Susanto Widjaja May 27th, 2010 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johannes Soetandi (Post 1531946)
Wow your SDE doesn't reflect 3 hours edit at all.. it is so well made. Amazing mate. I'll definitely look up ebay for that time machine :P

If I may know, does that 3 hours include converting from h.264 native file or did you set time before that to do it? and did you choose your particular footages before converting or mass convert (would take ages I reckon)?

I was trying to time myself on my current wedding trailer project.. took me 5-6 hours to select footages, convert and edit. I guess while filming you must have all the storyboard running on your head so that during editing you sorta knew what to achieve.

Hey Johannes,

we do mass convert throughout the day. we only select footage when we need to (running out of time)

usually we do this when we have a one hour ceremony so that we don't convert all one hour worth of footage.

What you want to do is to have some goals set in your head of when do you want certain things to be done. say by ceremony starts, you would have all the prep stuff converted. By reception starts you would have all of the footage converted. etc etc. make a detailed plan and try to stick to it. The more you do it, the better you will be.

Santo

Rochelle Morris May 27th, 2010 06:50 AM

As usual Santo, an amazing SDE.

I can't wait to hear your talk at the workshop this year.
You certainly have built the stories in and continue the magic that I first saw in your clips.

I want a dp slider too

Susanto Widjaja May 27th, 2010 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travis Cossel (Post 1531891)
Indeed a killer ring shot. In fact, the entire opening sequence was killer. Nice job, buddy! I also enjoyed the sweet reaction shot of the bride you got in the reflection. Timing is everything. d;-)

Thanks Travis, glad you noticed that it was actually a sequence. we actually had a few more shots of the sequence but decided to not putting it in because it might get too much.

Thanks again, always great to hear your comments :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rochelle Morris (Post 1532051)
As usual Santo, an amazing SDE.

I can't wait to hear your talk at the workshop this year.
You certainly have built the stories in and continue the magic that I first saw in your clips.

I want a dp slider too

Thanks Rochelle, I hope I can do better than last time.. lol

DP SLIDER ROCKS! its so smooth that my .5 meter feels too short now... cause it travels so quick