Stacey and Shaun - wedding trailer at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old May 28th, 2010, 10:35 PM   #1
Stacey and Shaun - wedding trailer
Aaron Mayberry Aaron Mayberry is offline May 28th, 2010, 10:35 PM

Filmed this the other week. Please be gentle, it was the first time I got to use my new glidecam. Enjoy!

Aaron Mayberry
Major Player
Views: 1313
Old May 30th, 2010, 08:05 PM   #2
Major Player

Aaron...

You had a great feeling throughout this video. I think the biggest thing that I caught was some focus issues. I loved your shot compositions. Your camera handle the receptions dance lights very well, in turn it gave you some great looking party footage. Good job!

Steve
Stephen J. Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2010, 11:19 PM   #3
Major Player

Hi Aaron.

I think you have a lot of good potential.

I think a lot of your shots look too messy i.e. (focus issue, shaky, color issue etc)

However, I see some nice moments and some great storytelling effort in there.

So I think you need to improve the way you shoot in terms of composition, stability, color, audio, etc etc and keep on polishing your storytelling mindset.

Thanks for sharing
Old June 1st, 2010, 11:31 AM   #4
Major Player

Thanks for the feedback! :)

I will definitely take your suggestions to heart. Like I mentioned, this was our first opportunity to use the glidecam and I obviously need a bit more practice with it.

As far as "composition, stability, color, audio, etc etc", were there any specific clips that come to mind that need work/attention to more than others?

Thanks again!
Old June 2nd, 2010, 05:06 AM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Mayberry View Post
Thanks for the feedback! :)

I will definitely take your suggestions to heart. Like I mentioned, this was our first opportunity to use the glidecam and I obviously need a bit more practice with it.

As far as "composition, stability, color, audio, etc etc", were there any specific clips that come to mind that need work/attention to more than others?

Thanks again!
01:13: the color on that outdoor scene looks out of place compared to the other footage.

00:32: very shaky shot of the shoe. not sure if thats glidecam or not, but I wouldn't really put that footage in. same goes with all the glidecam shots, but I guess you can't help it :) but I do like the dance party glidecam shots, its rather shaky but full of energy and happiness. goes well with the song.

02:03 the bride doesn't have a very pleasant teeth, I would cut right before you close up on her profile

and lots and lots of focus issue.

Like I said before, I think you have great storytelling potential. keep it up :)

Santo

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery