DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   Super fun wedding with dual surprises from the bride & groom (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/482578-super-fun-wedding-dual-surprises-bride-groom.html)

Susanto Widjaja July 28th, 2010 09:41 PM

Super fun wedding with dual surprises from the bride & groom

Hey guys,

its been a while since the last time I posted my work here.

Please enjoy this one. The bride and groom are such lovely people and we have had so much fun editing their wedding video. The funniest thing for this wedding was the fact that the bride and groom emailed us (and other vendors) separately telling us how they have a surprise for each other and asked us to be ready for it but not telling the other person about it. We had some good laughs with the other vendors throughout the day

PS: I actually left my monopod at home in the morning so had to use multirig (duh?) for the prep and ceremony until we picked it up on the way to the location shoot. I found myself stressing out while shooting without it.. can't live without monopod now... really...

Santo

David Schuurman July 28th, 2010 09:54 PM

Beautiful! You do excellent work and this one was no exception! I always feel happy after watching one of your highlights.

Susanto Widjaja July 28th, 2010 10:06 PM

Thanks David!

I'm glad you felt happy. I'm certainly happy editing it :P the wedding is just so much fun. couldn't fit all of them there. Even the thriller dance barely made it in :P o well...

Johannes Soetandi July 29th, 2010 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susanto Widjaja (Post 1553147)
PS: I actually left my monopod at home in the morning so had to use multirig (duh?) for the prep and ceremony until we picked it up on the way to the location shoot. I found myself stressing out while shooting without it.. can't live without monopod now... really...

I can relate to that Santo. On my last wedding job, I left my MBP at the bride's house after prep shot.. then left my monopod at the church after holy matrimony.. I had to rely on my Merlin & tripod during reception which was tiring. I picked up the whole thing only the day after because nobody was home/at church after we all left.. :(

Anyway, this video really rocks! I think you've done more than just documenting the wedding but also telling the story of the wedding, the couple, the surprises.. It really got me involved in it. This is one of your finest piece so far in my opinion. Great job!

Btw, out of curiosity, during the dances.. is it your request to turn off the light completely? And does the spotlight comes from your lighting or off the venue?

Susanto Widjaja July 29th, 2010 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johannes Soetandi (Post 1553206)
I can relate to that Santo. On my last wedding job, I left my MBP at the bride's house after prep shot.. then left my monopod at the church after holy matrimony.. I had to rely on my Merlin & tripod during reception which was tiring. I picked up the whole thing only the day after because nobody was home/at church after we all left.. :(

Anyway, this video really rocks! I think you've done more than just documenting the wedding but also telling the story of the wedding, the couple, the surprises.. It really got me involved in it. This is one of your finest piece so far in my opinion. Great job!

Btw, out of curiosity, during the dances.. is it your request to turn off the light completely? And does the spotlight comes from your lighting or off the venue?

Thanks johannes, I try my best to be a good storyteller :)

The lighting came from the venue. I don't have lighting that big. but the spotlight actually destroyed the image with blownout highlights on the middle subject. I don't like spotlights...