Tack Lee & Hoe Ping Prewedding film "Melbourne with Love" teaser at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old July 30th, 2010, 07:21 AM   #1
Tack Lee & Hoe Ping Prewedding film "Melbourne with Love" teaser
Susanto Widjaja Susanto Widjaja is offline July 30th, 2010, 07:21 AM

I just love doing true story films... especially when the story is so sweet and genuine. such as this one. Tack is a very sweet guy, which would make girls go "aaawww...." while Hoe Ping is very caring and loving to her man. We shot this gem last july and couldn't be happier with it.

Please enjoy this short teaser of their prewedding...

Santo

Susanto Widjaja
Major Player
Views: 2237
Old August 9th, 2010, 12:50 AM   #2
Major Player

awesome trailer...this is what they are exactly supposed to be! want to find out what happens next :)
Peter Szilveszter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2010, 11:41 PM   #3
Major Player

Amazing job as always Susanto....

Kren
www.verticalvideoworks.ca
Kren Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2010, 06:34 PM   #4
Major Player

Thanks peter and kren :D

I've actually made the draft film on vimeo for drafting purposes with our team.

feel free to comment and have a look at it if you're interested:

password: melbourne

Old August 16th, 2010, 12:01 AM   #5
Major Player

Santo, this is one of the best thing about dvinfo, I get to to see video before general public. It's like a VIP ticket heheh.

I'm no expert but if I may comment on the video; I absolutely loved how you highlighted the 'holding hands' part in the story when the guy proposes, brilliant concept! But I think I would like to see more on how the girl reacts when the guy proposed, how she finally melts and gave her hand away. Not sure if you got any of that filmed.

But otherwise, it's a magical piece to me! Thanks for sharing.. :)
Johannes Soetandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2010, 01:44 AM   #6
Major Player

hahaha... make sure you don't post the password on facebook by mistake :P

I know what you mean about the girl's reaction. Will try to put more into it on the final draft. Its a bit hard since the song is about to finish soon by that time. We've got some corrections to do already so will definitely put yours as well.

Thanks!
Old August 20th, 2010, 06:36 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Susanto..... Your clips are of the very few which are able to draw emotion from me (and I am a bit of a cold-hearted guy when it comes to watching clips). This clip was no different - especially the draft film.

Even though the action is all scripted, it somehow doesn't feel mechanical or forced and that is why your work is so beautiful.

Right, I'm gonna have to go and chop some wood or wrestle a bear right now before I get any more mushy with all this sentiment.
Aaron Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2010, 03:49 PM   #8
Regular Crew

you are the masters.....WOW
Old August 22nd, 2010, 10:57 AM   #9
Major Player

This blows me away. Incredible! I'm incredibly moved.
John C. Chu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2010, 05:59 PM   #10
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Jones View Post
Susanto..... Your clips are of the very few which are able to draw emotion from me (and I am a bit of a cold-hearted guy when it comes to watching clips). This clip was no different - especially the draft film.

Even though the action is all scripted, it somehow doesn't feel mechanical or forced and that is why your work is so beautiful.

Right, I'm gonna have to go and chop some wood or wrestle a bear right now before I get any more mushy with all this sentiment.
lol aaron, your comment gave me a big laugh. thanks so much for letting me know. it means a lot coming from a cold-hearted guy who wresles bears :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osmany Tellez View Post
you are the masters.....WOW
Thanks Osmany! I'm no master, just trying my best :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John C. Chu View Post
This blows me away. Incredible! I'm incredibly moved.
Thanks John, that's what its all about.
Old August 26th, 2010, 04:20 PM   #11
Major Player

Hi Susanto,

Another excellent looking piece, however, excuse my ignorance but, what is this? Are these clients for a wedding? Is this a new 'service' people are hiring videographers for? I've never seen one of these video's before, and it's got me confused! Haha.

As far as the production value goes, stunning, i'm just unaware of the concept?
Jordan Brindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2010, 06:22 PM   #12
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Brindle View Post
Hi Susanto,

Another excellent looking piece, however, excuse my ignorance but, what is this? Are these clients for a wedding? Is this a new 'service' people are hiring videographers for? I've never seen one of these video's before, and it's got me confused! Haha.

As far as the production value goes, stunning, i'm just unaware of the concept?
Thanks Jordan,

This is what we call a prewedding film based on the couple's true story. We are now getting regular clients for this concept with decent money. We started to offer this kind of thing when we first started around 2 years ago and it was very hard to convince our couples to invest their time and money into this because the fact is until now, nobody even set aside a budget for a "prewedding film". But now as our samples grow, our clientele also grow and we've been travelling to film prewedding films both interstate and overseas now. it feeds to our film-making creativity needs and its so much fun :)

Our couples would normally use this film to screen it during their reception night as part of the entertainment and also to give their friends and family a background information of how they come together. it is an amazing experience watching it with everyone there.

Last edited by Susanto Widjaja; August 26th, 2010 at 09:15 PM.
Susanto Widjaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2010, 08:05 PM   #13
Trustee

Nice movie.

You know, it seems like these are a stand alone production that needs no wedding video, or even a wedding to help them out. It doesn't matter if they get married, cause it's a movie about two people falling in love. No different than other movies.

That was just so great. I wish I were part of productions like that.You're an artist masquerading as a wedding videographer.
Old August 27th, 2010, 08:56 AM   #14
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanto Widjaja View Post
Thanks Jordan,

This is what we call a prewedding film based on the couple's true story. We are now getting regular clients for this concept with decent money. We started to offer this kind of thing when we first started around 2 years ago and it was very hard to convince our couples to invest their time and money into this because the fact is until now, nobody even set aside a budget for a "prewedding film". But now as our samples grow, our clientele also grow and we've been travelling to film prewedding films both interstate and overseas now. it feeds to our film-making creativity needs and its so much fun :)

Our couples would normally use this film to screen it during their reception night as part of the entertainment and also to give their friends and family a background information of how they come together. it is an amazing experience watching it with everyone there.
Wow, that is just fantastic. And you do it so well. What a brilliant concept. At first i was a little sceptical, but since you've explained it i can see why it's getting more interest. I guess you would really need the right kind of couple to try and sell a production like this, i can't see it picking up in the UK! We are far too up-tight for that sort of thing unfortunately!

Please post some more of these up when you get some more jobs, it's really interesting and you make it look so good.
Jordan Brindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2010, 09:54 AM   #15
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito DeFilippo View Post
Nice movie.

You know, it seems like these are a stand alone production that needs no wedding video, or even a wedding to help them out. It doesn't matter if they get married, cause it's a movie about two people falling in love. No different than other movies.

That was just so great. I wish I were part of productions like that.You're an artist masquerading as a wedding videographer.
Thanks Vito, what a great compliment.

I hope I can be lucky enough to shoot in quebec where I would definitely ask you to come along :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Brindle View Post
Wow, that is just fantastic. And you do it so well. What a brilliant concept. At first i was a little sceptical, but since you've explained it i can see why it's getting more interest. I guess you would really need the right kind of couple to try and sell a production like this, i can't see it picking up in the UK! We are far too up-tight for that sort of thing unfortunately!

Please post some more of these up when you get some more jobs, it's really interesting and you make it look so good.
Hi Jordan,

yes it is a new thing which people often underestimate about how entertaining and meaningful it can be. "The couples acting like hollywood stars? give me a break!" well, they are not so bad afterall aren't they? just need some simple directions and a bit of film language to add on top.

We have actually done quiet a few so far and shooting more and more. Please come to our blog and have a look at more of these kind of prewedding films. including my very own prewedding film :)

Santo

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery