You must watch this one if you are on the wedding video industry. at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old September 16th, 2010, 10:38 PM   #1
You must watch this one if you are on the wedding video industry.
Jose Ortiz Jose Ortiz is offline September 16th, 2010, 10:38 PM

Originally this video was made with the exclusive intention of promo. After finishing the video we realized once again how important is if the Bride knows before the wedding date the experience of a good wedding video. Is not the just video. Is the experience that all will be part that day.
This is including us as wedding filmmakers.

Jose Ortiz
Major Player
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tampa Florida
Posts: 347
Views: 1396
Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2010, 08:20 AM   #2
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Greensboro, NC
Posts: 119
Very cool Jose. Great to get their reactions and interviews for use as a promo. I am going to have to pass that link around.
__________________
MediaBrewer Films
Jeff Brewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2010, 08:35 AM   #3
Major Player
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: NE of London, England
Posts: 788
Jose, that's a great promo tool! I would say it is a little long though. They seemed to be saying the same thing several times. I would halve the length and also use some of the shots of the wedding much sooner. The shoots of them watching are fairly dull and I was left wanting to see this amazing video they were talking about. It's always tricky to cut such fantastically positive comments but I certainly think less would be more. I guess you were trying to keep the actually wedding shots for the end but I got bored and skipped to the end anyway because I wanted to see the justification for the wonderful comments.

Just offering my opinion as constructive criticism, overall I think it is already a powerful marketing tool.
__________________
www.mikemarriage.com

Last edited by Mike Marriage; September 17th, 2010 at 10:34 AM.
Mike Marriage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2010, 09:33 AM   #4
Major Player
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Marriage View Post
Jose, that's a great promo tool! I would say it is a little long though. They seemed to be saying the same thing several times. I would halve the length and also use some of the shots of the wedding much sooner. The shoots of them watching are fairly dull and I was left wanting to see this amazing video they were talking about. It's always tricky to cut such fantastically positive comments but I certainly think more would be less. I guess you were trying to keep the actually wedding shots for the end but I got bored and skipped to the end anyway because I wanted to see the justification for the wonderful comments.

Just offering my opinion as constructive criticism, overall I think it is already a powerful marketing tool.
Pretty much this.

Also, he mentioned 28 minutes as the film length? Really?
Jordan Brindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2010, 11:38 PM   #5
Major Player
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tampa Florida
Posts: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Marriage View Post
Jose, that's a great promo tool! I would say it is a little long though. They seemed to be saying the same thing several times. I would halve the length and also use some of the shots of the wedding much sooner. The shoots of them watching are fairly dull and I was left wanting to see this amazing video they were talking about. It's always tricky to cut such fantastically positive comments but I certainly think less would be more. I guess you were trying to keep the actually wedding shots for the end but I got bored and skipped to the end anyway because I wanted to see the justification for the wonderful comments.

Just offering my opinion as constructive criticism, overall I think it is already a powerful marketing tool.
Thank you so much!
We felt the same way and some more wedding footage will be added after some great feedback from our filmmaker friends. It is a long video but it was in purpose that way. All of us as a filmmakers we all agreed that is a bit long. We want to make sure that the Bride will received the emphasis necessary to understand the main idea. It is hard to change the perception of the Bride about wedding videos as the couple also mentioned on this video.This was the main priority on this video before even selling us.

Thank you guys for the feedback!!
Jose Ortiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2010, 11:40 PM   #6
Major Player
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tampa Florida
Posts: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Brindle View Post
Pretty much this.

Also, he mentioned 28 minutes as the film length? Really?
Thank you!
Yes some our movies are from 15 to 30 minutes.
It is called shot form movies!! And they are very popular in the USA right now.
Jose Ortiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2010, 11:41 PM   #7
Major Player
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tampa Florida
Posts: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Brewer View Post
Very cool Jose. Great to get their reactions and interviews for use as a promo. I am going to have to pass that link around.
Thank you Jeff
Jose Ortiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2010, 07:17 AM   #8
Major Player
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose Ortiz View Post
Thank you!
Yes some our movies are from 15 to 30 minutes.
It is called shot form movies!! And they are very popular in the USA right now.
How do you get the ceremony, speeches etc all into one movie? Do you put them on an additional dvd/segment in their entirety?
Jordan Brindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2010, 10:04 AM   #9
Inner Circle
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 6,609
Creative editing. You are not giving them everything. You have to be very judicious and creative in picking the clips. For instance, the bride only coming down the aisle (not the entire bridal party) only a few second of the officiants welcome message, going right into the vows shortening the toasts to a reasonable length, the first dance shortened, etc.
You are telling the same story but in a very condensed time span and it can be very very effective if done well. If not, it can be a disaster.
__________________
What do I know? I'm just a video-O-grafer.
Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2010, 08:10 AM   #10
Major Player
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tampa Florida
Posts: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Brindle View Post
How do you get the ceremony, speeches etc all into one movie? Do you put them on an additional dvd/segment in their entirety?
Yes they have the option to buy them separate and we make more money.
You have to make sure that your Bride has seen one of this movies before they book you. Sometimes these are not videos for all the Brides.
Jose Ortiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2010, 08:14 AM   #11
Major Player
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tampa Florida
Posts: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Bloom View Post
Creative editing. You are not giving them everything. You have to be very judicious and creative in picking the clips. For instance, the bride only coming down the aisle (not the entire bridal party) only a few second of the officiants welcome message, going right into the vows shortening the toasts to a reasonable length, the first dance shortened, etc.
You are telling the same story but in a very condensed time span and it can be very very effective if done well. If not, it can be a disaster.
Totally Agreed!
But just in case all our wedding short forms are not following any type of guideline. That is why we can not tell how long the video will be until it is done.
Jose Ortiz is offline   Reply
Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY

Z.G.C.
(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

 



Google
 

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:30 PM.


DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2017 The Digital Video Information Network