DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   Nat & Cuong Wedding Same Day Edit with a killer song... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/485339-nat-cuong-wedding-same-day-edit-killer-song.html)

Susanto Widjaja September 26th, 2010 08:18 PM

Nat & Cuong Wedding Same Day Edit with a killer song...

I love this song! been meaning to use it for quiet some time and now we've found the perfect couple for it. love it love it!

Santo

Dimitris Mantalias September 27th, 2010 03:27 AM

Just up to your usual high quality. And as always, I love the color grading. Only thing that should be noticed as "no-no" is the last scene, where the glidetrack (I think), stops and starts moving at the opposite direction. But besides that... well, you know... -:)

Luke Oliver September 27th, 2010 04:25 AM

re

wow, so solid , so good, can you give us a heads up on lenses used

Great work, very inspiring

Luke

Richard Wakefield September 27th, 2010 06:06 AM

brilliant Susanto - an all round fantastic clip with great gliding and great use of light!

Jordan Brindle September 27th, 2010 02:51 PM

Every shot is like a masterpiece in itself, your stuff inspires me Susanto!

Susanto Widjaja September 28th, 2010 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Wakefield (Post 1573266)
brilliant Susanto - an all round fantastic clip with great gliding and great use of light!

Thanks Richard!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan Brindle (Post 1573422)
Every shot is like a masterpiece in itself, your stuff inspires me Susanto!

Glad that it did! thanks for watching :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke Oliver (Post 1573258)
wow, so solid , so good, can you give us a heads up on lenses used

Great work, very inspiring

Luke

Hi Luke, we used 50mm 1.2, 135mm f2, 85mm f1.2, 35mm f1.4, 100 f2.8 macro, 17-40 f4, 28mm f1.8.

Thanks for watching!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimitris Mantalias (Post 1573249)
Just up to your usual high quality. And as always, I love the color grading. Only thing that should be noticed as "no-no" is the last scene, where the glidetrack (I think), stops and starts moving at the opposite direction. But besides that... well, you know... -:)

Thanks Dimitris, we used dpslider on this one and yes, I knew there was something wrong there.... but I just didn't have enough time as the MC already harrasing me to finish it up :P We were late 15mins because we had to burn to DVD that night.... annoying.... I did color grading in like 5 mins lol

Jordan Brindle September 28th, 2010 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susanto Widjaja (Post 1573594)
.... I did color grading in like 5 mins lol

... Teach me. Haha just kidding, but still, what?!

Great job. Unlucky about the timing issue, i bet no-one else noticed it though

Johannes Soetandi September 28th, 2010 07:53 PM

I would agree with others here, this is a masterpiece mate! Probably one of your best SDEs so far. Love the glide shots.. was it with the 28mm f1.8 on 5DMk2?

But I must say that that Matt Hires' tune on your other video was still the killer song.. yes, its still stuck in my head and I've bought his whole album on iTunes even the acoustic version!!! *humming*

Susanto Widjaja September 29th, 2010 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan Brindle (Post 1573677)
... Teach me. Haha just kidding, but still, what?!

Great job. Unlucky about the timing issue, i bet no-one else noticed it though

5 min is a long time for SDE mate especially when you copy and paste ur grade to the whole thing! hahaha I just tweaked the grade here and there quickly... we had quiet a consistent exposure on the whole thing so it made it easier..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johannes Soetandi (Post 1573837)
I would agree with others here, this is a masterpiece mate! Probably one of your best SDEs so far. Love the glide shots.. was it with the 28mm f1.8 on 5DMk2?

But I must say that that Matt Hires' tune on your other video was still the killer song.. yes, its still stuck in my head and I've bought his whole album on iTunes even the acoustic version!!! *humming*

the glide shots were 17-40 and 50mm. Matt hires is the best!

Johannes Soetandi September 29th, 2010 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susanto Widjaja (Post 1573915)
the glide shots were 17-40 and 50mm

How easy is it to re-balance the merlin again with two different lenses? I'm having so much trouble re-balancing my merlin.. so I'm stuck with only one lens at the moment!

Susanto Widjaja October 1st, 2010 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johannes Soetandi (Post 1574166)
How easy is it to re-balance the merlin again with two different lenses? I'm having so much trouble re-balancing my merlin.. so I'm stuck with only one lens at the moment!

I switched to glidecam recently :P

But I did use merlin with 17-40 and 50mm f1.2, I just used the same weights, but had to tweak tilt roller thing. takes me around 1 min to do it if I had to change quickly.

with the glidecam, I haven't gotten the best way to quickly adjust... its still a little bit tricky to switch now.

Kren Barnes October 5th, 2010 02:10 PM

Great as always...glad you used the whole song and not the typical priest/pastor voice over b-roll shots over slow instrumental music :) .. its always refreshing to watch your awesome work..

Kren
Vertical Video Works | www.verticalvideoworks.com