DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   Marta, Brock, Buf and Henry (SDE) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/485675-marta-brock-buf-henry-sde.html)

Matthew Craggs October 4th, 2010 06:06 PM

Marta, Brock, Buf and Henry (SDE)

There are a million things I can say about Saturday's same day edit, but I wouldn't even know where to start.

You can read the full write up on the blog here: Studio 67 Toronto Wedding Cinematography + Photography - always be | Marta + Brock and Henry + Buf

And check it out on Vimeo.

I won't mention technical details like cameras, lenses, and audio, because none of it matters. What matters is that this couple had a beautiful story and planned one hell of a wedding day. It doesn't matter if we used a bunch of 5D's and L lenses, we could have used our iPhones and their love would have shined through.

I am extremely proud of everyone involved. Everyone else at Studio 67 (i.e. Brian who impresses me more each time we shoot) for stepping their game up. Brock and Marta (and Buf and Henry) for welcoming us into their lives. Their guests for giving the SDE 100% of their attention during the showing. Holley Maher for expediting the recording of the song so it would be ready for Saturday. How many recording artists would inconvenience themselves so their new tune could premiere in a same day edit?

We are super happy with this one. I don't even see it as a story of a wedding - I see it as a story of two people in love... that just happens to take place at their wedding.

We hope you all enjoy, and thanks for watching.

Susanto Widjaja October 6th, 2010 08:34 PM

love the intimate feel of the whole thing. I can see how you love this one so much. lots of great spoken audio there which makes it even more personal.

I particularly love the song, mind sharing it please?

Susanto Widjaja October 6th, 2010 08:38 PM

don't worry about the song, I got it :)

Oleg Kalyan October 6th, 2010 10:45 PM

Nice documentary feel, loved it, the song takes is away a bit, pulls the attention to itself. Would be great to have a score with no words, imho! Great job!

Matthew Craggs October 13th, 2010 10:20 AM

Hey guys,

Sorry for the late response, but I just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to watch.

Speaking of the song, I hope some people check out the site and read the story about how we found the song. There are tons of musicians out there who would love to let you use their music in exchange for a simple iTunes link, or a very reasonable licensing fee.

We have been searching high and low across the internet to find artists who write songs that our perfect for our couples, and only contact ones that we feel fit the vibe we are going for in our same day edits. So far, an overwhelming number of musicians have been not only cooperative, but enthusiastic about being involved.

Susanto Widjaja October 13th, 2010 08:06 PM

I LOVE THE SOUND OF THE RAIN DROPS DURING THEIR VOW.......

and yes, good on ya on finding that music. its a gem

Matt Barwick October 13th, 2010 11:18 PM

that was awesome. great weaving of the celebrants words through the piece and a wonderful story cutting back and forth between them talking about the champagne.

I disagree about the song taking away anything at all - it's such a nice, whimsical piece that it's perfect.

Well done!