Same Day Edit in under 3 hours - Grace and Jason ' Colour Craft Media at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old November 5th, 2010, 01:34 PM   #1
Same Day Edit in under 3 hours - Grace and Jason ' Colour Craft Media
Randy Panado Randy Panado is offline November 5th, 2010, 01:34 PM

Normally I like to show my SDE's as late in the program as possible in order to get as much time as I can to weave storylines, color, and all that fun stuff. For the past 3 SDE's, I've been given less and less time to get them done due to time constraints with the schedule. I've gotten a good workflow from mashing up some techniques from a few different wedding cinematographers that's helped me create my own. I used to do the old dump and convert via mpeg streamclip but after working an SDE with Michael Y Wong, I now rough cut only the stuff I will use, convert that, then use that for the SDE. It's sped up my SDE editing and also helps keep me focused on what I have to do.

This particular SDE was done in under 3 hours. I was supposed to have 3.5 hours to finish this but right around the 2 hour 40 minute mark I was asked if I could push up my showing time....AHHHHHHH. This was more of a linear edit seeing as how I didn't have much time to time shift around and build a lot of story but the couple loved the piece and appreciated me getting it done so quickly.

I had my friend Brian Marks from red bicycle media rough cut his groom section and the rehearsal which we shot the day before. That REALLY helped me out as I didn't plan on using a lot from the day previous but ran out of time and needed to have some content there. That was the only stuff I had rough cut and available before I sat down during the reception and started editing. I had a lot of sequences and a story line planned out but things always don't go as we plan ;).

Here's their SDE :

Please leave a comment on my blog if you enjoyed the film :) Grace ‘ Jason – Same Day Edit (Honolulu, HI) Colour Craft Media

Gear used on this film :
5Dmk2 + 7D
100% Zeiss Lenses
Steadicam Pilot
Atlas 30 (Atlas 10 is coming out SOON, check my blog for a post on it and discount coupon details)

Thanks for watching!

Randy Panado
Major Player
Views: 1146

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery