DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   One of those really nice editing moments (Highlights Clip) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/487914-one-those-really-nice-editing-moments-highlights-clip.html)

Richard Wakefield November 23rd, 2010 12:55 AM

One of those really nice editing moments (Highlights Clip)

Hi all

You must all know what I mean, about that really nice feeling when the editing completely ties in - whether it's luck or hard work!

but in this case, it was the fact I had the recorded song, and a couple of live performance shots, from the wedding singer ... oh, and some footage of a lovely UK-Melinda Messenger-esque bride too!

hope you enjoy!

(this was a solo-shoot for anyone interested)

(the blog entry: Claire and Roberto – Wedding Highlights FX Films Blog – Wedding Cinematography)

cheers

Stelios Christofides November 26th, 2010 08:05 AM

What a beautiful video clip. The editing using the live song is amazing. Well done Richard. What camera/s are you using?

Stelios

Richard Wakefield November 26th, 2010 10:23 AM

Hiya

Thanks a bunch! It was a solo shoot so I used 5dmk2 and 7D for 90% and an unmanned XH-A1 at the back of the ceremony+speeches room

it was the darkest wedding i've EVER done...even the ceremony room was called 'the Black Room' (think padded black walls and ceiling), and the speeches were in a pitch black room with only a candle glowing on each table (and the venue didn't allow lights to be turned on)...nice :O

cheers!

Steven Pustay December 10th, 2010 05:54 AM

Richard,

Not luck at all ... that is both craft and art! It's stunning. Very beautifully edited. Wonder if you might answer one question ... the transition that mimics a whip pan and then slides to a stop on the new clip that you use several times ... Is that a plugin, standard transition or are you doing a little trick with frame blur?

Steve Pustay
Horizon Video

Art Varga December 10th, 2010 02:39 PM

Richard - great work! LOVED the cigarette shot at :30. Way cool integration of the live vocals with the soundtrack. Yeah how did you do the transiton blur shot?

Art

Denise Wall December 10th, 2010 09:09 PM

Really nice work. If I were the bride I would be ecstatic.

Luke Oliver December 13th, 2010 09:25 AM

re

Great stuff, very natural , honest, i hate all these big epic trailers at the mo, they seem so dated. This has that modern indie film vibe. I dig it.

Luke

Cory Gilbride January 4th, 2011 09:43 PM

Great Video! Really impressed with all your smooth pans and audio. I'm also very interested in those whip/pan transitions you were using. Please explain.

Peter Manojlovic January 4th, 2011 10:10 PM

Loved what you did at 2:52..
Care to share??

Also, great work with the audio...I'm wearing my ear buds, and i can definitely sense the care taken. Especially with the ambient chatter of the guests...

Definitely classy and watchable 10 years from now...

Congrats!!!

Richard Wakefield January 5th, 2011 02:46 AM

Thanks all!

and I hope you all had a great new xmas and new year....and all ready for a new year of filming and editing!

At 2:52 it was a dolly + focus pull (non-follow-focus) - is that the bit you mean?

Watching that clip again, I seriously have been reminded just how dark the venue was - i had to completely push the limits of the DSLRs and primes! It was the first or second wedding that made me think I should have flood lights :)

here's a slightly brighter recent clip, that wasn't so stressful on the DSLRs!

cheers
Richard

Gianni Paolella January 6th, 2011 11:27 AM

Hi Richard,
as you suggest me I am here to see all the best job all the peoples doing and also your!!
At the end of this month I will signup on your web, in the meantime many people asked to you and now me too, how you do the transition with pan and blur with music, but you did not answer.It's very nice and I don't understand if it's a really pan with the tripod or is a new transition.
Thanks
Gianni