One of those really nice editing moments (Highlights Clip) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old November 23rd, 2010, 12:55 AM   #1
One of those really nice editing moments (Highlights Clip)
Richard Wakefield Richard Wakefield is offline November 23rd, 2010, 12:55 AM

Hi all

You must all know what I mean, about that really nice feeling when the editing completely ties in - whether it's luck or hard work!

but in this case, it was the fact I had the recorded song, and a couple of live performance shots, from the wedding singer ... oh, and some footage of a lovely UK-Melinda Messenger-esque bride too!

hope you enjoy!

(this was a solo-shoot for anyone interested)

(the blog entry: Claire and Roberto – Wedding Highlights FX Films Blog – Wedding Cinematography)

cheers

Richard Wakefield
Major Player
Views: 2096
Old November 26th, 2010, 08:05 AM   #2
Trustee

What a beautiful video clip. The editing using the live song is amazing. Well done Richard. What camera/s are you using?

Stelios
Old November 26th, 2010, 10:23 AM   #3
Major Player

Hiya

Thanks a bunch! It was a solo shoot so I used 5dmk2 and 7D for 90% and an unmanned XH-A1 at the back of the ceremony+speeches room

it was the darkest wedding i've EVER done...even the ceremony room was called 'the Black Room' (think padded black walls and ceiling), and the speeches were in a pitch black room with only a candle glowing on each table (and the venue didn't allow lights to be turned on)...nice :O

cheers!
Richard Wakefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2010, 05:54 AM   #4
New Boot

Richard,

Not luck at all ... that is both craft and art! It's stunning. Very beautifully edited. Wonder if you might answer one question ... the transition that mimics a whip pan and then slides to a stop on the new clip that you use several times ... Is that a plugin, standard transition or are you doing a little trick with frame blur?

Steve Pustay
Horizon Video
Steven Pustay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2010, 02:39 PM   #5
Major Player

Richard - great work! LOVED the cigarette shot at :30. Way cool integration of the live vocals with the soundtrack. Yeah how did you do the transiton blur shot?

Art
Old December 10th, 2010, 09:09 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Really nice work. If I were the bride I would be ecstatic.
Denise Wall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2010, 09:25 AM   #7
Major Player

re

Great stuff, very natural , honest, i hate all these big epic trailers at the mo, they seem so dated. This has that modern indie film vibe. I dig it.

Luke
Luke Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2011, 09:43 PM   #8
Tourist

Great Video! Really impressed with all your smooth pans and audio. I'm also very interested in those whip/pan transitions you were using. Please explain.
Cory Gilbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2011, 10:10 PM   #9
Major Player

Loved what you did at 2:52..
Care to share??

Also, great work with the audio...I'm wearing my ear buds, and i can definitely sense the care taken. Especially with the ambient chatter of the guests...

Definitely classy and watchable 10 years from now...

Congrats!!!
Peter Manojlovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2011, 02:46 AM   #10
Major Player

Thanks all!

and I hope you all had a great new xmas and new year....and all ready for a new year of filming and editing!

At 2:52 it was a dolly + focus pull (non-follow-focus) - is that the bit you mean?

Watching that clip again, I seriously have been reminded just how dark the venue was - i had to completely push the limits of the DSLRs and primes! It was the first or second wedding that made me think I should have flood lights :)

here's a slightly brighter recent clip, that wasn't so stressful on the DSLRs!

cheers
Richard
Richard Wakefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2011, 11:27 AM   #11
Regular Crew

Hi Richard,
as you suggest me I am here to see all the best job all the peoples doing and also your!!
At the end of this month I will signup on your web, in the meantime many people asked to you and now me too, how you do the transition with pan and blur with music, but you did not answer.It's very nice and I don't understand if it's a really pan with the tripod or is a new transition.
Thanks
Gianni
Gianni Paolella is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery