Church wedding from Russia, from Hi pov. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old January 16th, 2011, 04:07 PM   #1
Church wedding from Russia, from Hi pov.
Oleg Kalyan Oleg Kalyan is offline January 16th, 2011, 04:07 PM

A bit different from what I usually do.
used heli shooting here, I think it adds a variety to the trailer. Please let me know what you think!
they'be been married for a few year, that was a church wedding, in the face of God!

Oleg Kalyan
Major Player
Views: 1559
Old January 17th, 2011, 04:32 AM   #2
Major Player

as usual, fantastic! loved it all...

my initial reaction when i watched the very first shot:
"nice crane shot, nice crane shot...whoah, BIG crane....no wait, it's a helicam!" :)

keep them coming Oleg!!
Richard Wakefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2011, 01:32 PM   #3
Trustee

Oleg,

Beautiful stuff, loved the heli shots. I assume this is a remote control heli? based on the lower angles most of the time.

I'm worried that you are going soft on us though : ) I remember your work from a couple of years ago where it was edgy and different. Either way, it's all good... keep it up.
Old January 17th, 2011, 03:18 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I like a lot, wich Eli with wich camera on bard did u use?
Gianni
Gianni Paolella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2011, 02:08 PM   #5
Major Player

Тhank you friends, I try to make every video a bit different, also the ones I show here would like not to repeat myself!

The heli was octocopter, self made, electric, there a different ones here in Russia and everywhere in the world, currently I like my Panasonic GH2 on it, which is superior imho in picture quality to the Canon 5dmk2..
Oleg Kalyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2011, 05:09 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Wich camera did u put under the heli???
Do you mean that the GH2 is better than the Mark2?Why do you think so and wich lens do u use?
Old January 18th, 2011, 11:59 PM   #7
Major Player

Giannil, imho, I find that the GH2 is in fact better than the Mark2, I used it on a recent shoot and compared the results, based on picture quality, resolution, rolling shutter, moire, particularly on the helicopter. But make your own conclusion, do a test, besides, an AF makes a lot of sense, particularly on the wide shots, on a crane or the helicopter.
in this example, The Church wedding, I did not have the Panasonic flying. I still use my Canons, for better
lens selection, having different lens brands via adapters. Same you can do on the GH1,2.
Old January 19th, 2011, 01:20 AM   #8
Regular Crew

Very cool. I have a question. Did the couple know in advance that you would be using the helicopter and were the shots of them walking in the trees discussed prior to the wedding date? I assume the answer is yes, as the shots seemed to be setup very well and would require the cooperation of the couple. I guess what I'm getting at is, I like the fact that you didn't have the photog following the couple around while your trying to get these great heli shots. That would have ruined it.

Great work.
Evan Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2011, 02:47 AM   #9
Regular Crew

Thanks Oleg,
maybe I did no understand well, but do you mean that u ut an Mark2 under the Heli?
With wich lens?
I have to think that Heli it's not an electrical engine,nut with gasoline.
Conerning the GH2 I can think that for any reason,moire and so on it's better tham mark2 but is also a APSC Frame instead of a full frame.
Old January 19th, 2011, 09:47 AM   #10
Major Player

I've tested 5dmk2 on the heli, more vibration, you'd want a wide angle lens, 16 35 zoom would be good, 24 mm lens is a great choice as well, GH2 is a cropped frame, which I like, give a bit of a freedom when shooting on the go, a documentary style hand held, wide open..
Old January 19th, 2011, 10:07 AM   #11
Regular Crew

Thanks again Oleg or Spacibo,:-)....
but in teh clip you put here wich camera u put on the heli?
Where I can see picture abiut the heli u used?
Gianni
Old January 27th, 2011, 04:25 AM   #12
Major Player

Gianni, it was Panasonic GH1
Oleg Kalyan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery