Diane // Oliver - "In the air" Short film at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old January 17th, 2011, 06:25 AM   #1
Diane // Oliver - "In the air" Short film
Peter Szilveszter Peter Szilveszter is offline January 17th, 2011, 06:25 AM

We had recently moved from a city of 3.5mil to a tiny town of only 10,000 and it was a little scary going to new place and also if I could maintain the type of clients I have been getting in the city. This was our first client we booked even before we moved and was so blessed to have such a wonderful start so I wanted to share my short film that I shot solo (slightly wishing they could have paid for another shooter because it was such a beautiful wedding)

This one was a tough edit partly because was back and forward about staying chronological but I decided to stay with it and only slightly time shift because it was the story that was more important rather then trying to get fancy in the editing.

Hope you enjoy

Peter Szilveszter
Major Player
Views: 1427
Old January 22nd, 2011, 01:06 AM   #2
Major Player

Great film, enjoyed watching it. One thing I struggle with mine is to keep from making it cheesy. You did a good job of keeping it the opposite of cheesy. Love the voice overs.
Greg Fiske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2011, 06:14 AM   #3
Major Player

Thanks Greg, I guess it can get border line, I always say try to stay true to the couples personalities and their story and usually you can find something that's honest without being forced.
Peter Szilveszter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2011, 02:25 AM   #4
Trustee

Nice work. Love the blue sky closing shot and great sound bites =)
Old January 24th, 2011, 07:10 AM   #5
Major Player

nice.

Can I ask: what did you use for sound? I couldn't spot a wireless setup but you seemed to get nice clean sound and there must have been a bit of wind noise around on the beach.
Damian Heffernan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2011, 09:28 PM   #6
Major Player

@Sean thanks, the whole day I was so inspired by the sky, so only fitting to end on it :)

@Damian It was G3 Sennheiser wireless mic on the groom under the tie, was a risk I took but because I didn't have a white lapel so I had to. Bonus was that it cut the wind but a little muffled only thing I was disappointed with is that I had the audio recorder on auto levels so picked up the waves more then I wanted to but was running very short on time so one of those things when you shoot solo you don't get time for but otherwise it turned out much better then I thought.
Peter Szilveszter is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery