Our favorite wedding ever (plus the new 3D logo) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old January 21st, 2011, 02:17 PM   #1
Our favorite wedding ever (plus the new 3D logo)
Dimitris Mantalias Dimitris Mantalias is offline January 21st, 2011, 02:17 PM

Well, the title is self-explanatory. This wedding gave us our most popular video to date (The Butterfly Effect) and this one is the highlights video. I may be in danger of getting myself kicked in the butt from the other brides, but from all the weddings we have edited until this very day (can't talk about the yet to be edited weddings), this one is my favorite, not just because of this video, but because of the extremely cinematic full feature and all the good memories of the most demanding (yet wonderful) wedding we have ever shot.

Also, we show for the first time our new logo. A very good friend of us (Vassilis Kontodimas) is the leading 3D artist in the country so he found sometime between his many projects to make this one.

Hmmm... Enough talking then. Here it is.

Dimitris Mantalias
Major Player
Views: 2908
Old January 22nd, 2011, 10:07 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Wow...very very good editing and shooting....what did u use for both?DSLR I think but wich one and wich lens?
I also like a lot the Time remapping u used, wich plugin is or how did u make it?
Thanks a lot for you answer and compliment from me and from Italy
Gianni
Gianni Paolella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2011, 01:38 PM   #3
Major Player

Thank you Gianni. Actually this video combines footage from Sony EX1, FX1 and Canon 550D. Regarding lenses, we generally used a 50mm, 24-70 and 18-200. As for time remapping we used Twixtor but combined with certain camera settings. For example in the two scenes, the one with the couple running near the waves and the one with bride covered by a wave, we shot in 720p50 and a high enough shutter, so that twixtor should make a pretty impressive slow motion. Progressive footage is hard to time-remap, so shooting in 50fps was the best solution in order to achieve super-smooth slow motion.
Old January 22nd, 2011, 02:59 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks Dimitris, I also have the Pana 151 and the 550D and also Twixtor, but I never shoot in 720p always in full hd,,,,and also if I try I never have success with Twixtor in thsi best way.
Do you change frequently the lens on the 550D during the shooting?Wich is the best kens in indoor and wich in outdoor?
Gianni Paolella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2011, 12:40 PM   #5
Major Player

We don't change lens that often because we usually have a 7D to shoot alongside 550D. But about the lens, there are no rules. The basic rule is "the brightest, the better" (and more expensive). If you are into well-lit places (such as outdoors) you can easily use a lens with good zoom, such as 18-200. For interiors we mostly use lenses like 50 or 24-70.
Old January 27th, 2011, 06:23 PM   #6
Regular Crew

this is rad!! excellent work! loved the pool jump!!
Brendan Donohue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2011, 04:12 PM   #7
Major Player

Wow, very nice, great variety of shots!
Oleg Kalyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2011, 12:19 PM   #8
Major Player

Re: Our favorite wedding ever (plus the new 3D logo)

So, I know this is an old topic... anyway: if you shoot with the FX1 (*.m2ts, probably at 1080i) and the 550D (*.mov, at 720p, as you said in one of your posts), what settings do you use for rendering? :| Thanks!
Old October 27th, 2011, 01:27 AM   #9
Major Player

Re: Our favorite wedding ever (plus the new 3D logo)

Late reply, sorry! :) Here is how we do it. Basically we shoot in both 1080p and 720p with DSLR. We use the slow motion scenes mostly for the trailers and highlights, which we edit and export in 720p, with combined footage of all cameras. If we want to use some of those scenes in the full movie (which is always 1080), we just use some upscalers to make it look nice and export it in 1080p (after we deinterlace the FX1 footage). I know it sounds strange, but I have a high-end television set with all the extras, and the footage always look amazing in this one! :)

Although, now that we have bought the NEX FS100, we use the FX1 only in very certain situations.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery