Wedding Movie Trailer - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old March 10th, 2011, 09:15 AM  
Wedding Movie Trailer
Jose Ortiz Jose Ortiz is offline March 10th, 2011, 09:15 AM

Comments and feedback are appreciated!
thanks!!
Cinematographers: Jose Ortiz/Jet Torres-Ortiz
Production tools:
Canon 5d /7d
Cinevate Sliders
Glidecam x-22
Canon L series lens 50mm 1.2, 85mm 1.2, 24mm 1.4, 70/200 is
joseortizfilms.com
joseortizfilmsblog.com

Jose Ortiz
Major Player
Views: 3473
Old March 18th, 2011, 09:07 PM   #16
Major Player

Re: Wedding Movie Trailer

Thanks Greg!
Jose Ortiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2011, 10:06 AM   #17
Trustee

Nice work Jose! The grading is great, but what i really dig is the audio. How did u manage to get the noise background so low? The groom had a wireless lav (sennheiser Gseries?) and the official had one too. Were they both from you and recorded to a H4n or something?
Old March 26th, 2011, 06:06 PM   #18
Major Player

Thanks
Our Set up was 2 Lavs G2 100 recording in a Tascam DR 100. Sometimes we get wedding with some background noise but we always monitor the Af out level.
Old March 27th, 2011, 08:35 AM   #19
Major Player

Nice work Jose. Not read the other comments so forgive me if I'm repeating what has already been said. Really liked the clean audio althougth it appeared slightly out of sync.

Like the emotional content and the way you have managed to engage the audience through this piece.

I'm finding the titles a little dated. Not sure if it's the rays that's contributing to this but more elegant titles would work better for this piece.

Thank you for sharing.
Old March 28th, 2011, 02:04 PM   #20
Major Player

Another note on the audio, cause I've watched this one a couple of times ;-) It seems to be clipping on my speakers? What I've noticed (and I have zero audio experience), my early mistake was to keep audio levels between -6 and 0 (yellow zone), but what I've found is that it actually needs to stay below -6 otherwise it will clip on certain speaker systems. So when you are playing the clip, make sure your audio never goes into the yellow area to be safe. I'm sure someone with more experience will chime in.
Greg Fiske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2011, 07:27 PM   #21
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by John De Rienzo View Post
Nice work Jose. Not read the other comments so forgive me if I'm repeating what has already been said. Really liked the clean audio althougth it appeared slightly out of sync.

Like the emotional content and the way you have managed to engage the audience through this piece.

I'm finding the titles a little dated. Not sure if it's the rays that's contributing to this but more elegant titles would work better for this piece.

Thank you for sharing.
Thank you for the feedback SR!
Old April 7th, 2011, 04:51 PM   #22
Major Player

outstanding pacing and color work! I really can't add much more than what
has been said already, but I was curious as to what is the music score you used?
Scott Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2011, 04:10 PM   #23
Major Player

Hi Jose,

We've never connected but my good friend David Perry has commented about you before so its great to finally see you're work. Its odd too cu'z I just posted a video in the wrong spot and happened to be looking here (where I was to post).

Anyway I loved the emotion of it all with the music and audio, just great, which is not a strength of mine as much (audio that is) but would love to grow in that area of editing.

Sorry but I have one constructive comment that has probably already been pointed out but if not I'll shoot: ending shot & coming soon titles not so sweet. I got all worked up (in a good way) and then it just drops off too fast and leaves the audience hangin' (in a bad way). For the end titles try something a bit more contemporary & simple. And the last shot I didn't get? I think I was mentally prepared for a wide shot of the ceremony from the back, or rising jib shot etc.. something that keeps continuity with the previous shots and audio. Just thought i'd point that out.

Ok, good to finally say hi!
Old April 11th, 2011, 08:48 AM   #24
Major Player

Great video. I'm not sure what the officiant was thinking by wearing that blue shirt and dressing so casually.
Michael Simons is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery