DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   Celine // Michael - Say The Word (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/493340-celine-michael-say-word.html)

Peter Szilveszter March 20th, 2011 03:40 AM

Celine // Michael - Say The Word

As the title of the film suggest, the concept with this wedding I wanted to capture the feeling of the words spoken on the day. I felt that using a song with song lyrics would be too strong and instead opted for a much more subtle soundtrack as I felt that a narrator would lead the story better, in this case the celebrant who spoke the words so beautifully was the voice of the piece. As always for me my aim is to find the best way to convey the couples characters and personality and I hope I have done with this. Let me know what your thoughts are.

Stephen J. Williams March 20th, 2011 11:22 AM

Re: Celine // Michael - Say The Word

Peter..

Great edit... It's surprising (at least for me) that you don't end up with great content in the speeches or vows/ceremony as often as one would think. This was all great and you did a great job building the story around it.

Steve

Peter Manojlovic March 20th, 2011 11:50 AM

Fantastic!!!!

What lens did you use at 1:14 when you went wide on the grass and building??

Travis Cossel March 20th, 2011 12:29 PM

Great edit Peter. That was some of your best stuff for sure. Love the music, the use of actual audio, the pacing, and some killer shots in there too. A+ my friend.

Art Varga March 20th, 2011 12:54 PM

Peter - excellent job. There seems to be a trend to incorporate more spoken word into highlights these days but you pushed the envelope on this and it really made for a powerful piece. As Steve mentioned, it's sometimes challenging to walk away from an event with enough good audio to make something like this work. You obvioulsy planned well to capture what you needed for this. Very nice!

Art

Peter Szilveszter March 20th, 2011 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen J. Williams (Post 1629747)
Peter..

Great edit... It's surprising (at least for me) that you don't end up with great content in the speeches or vows/ceremony as often as one would think. This was all great and you did a great job building the story around it.

Steve

thanks Steve, yeah its a very tough thing when there is lack of audio, I try to always find a way to incorporate whether its from the morning preps, ceremony or speeches but it can get frustrating when its all very generic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Manojlovic (Post 1629757)
Fantastic!!!!

What lens did you use at 1:14 when you went wide on the grass and building??

It was the 20mm 1.8 (@f8) Sigma :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travis Cossel (Post 1629767)
Great edit Peter. That was some of your best stuff for sure. Love the music, the use of actual audio, the pacing, and some killer shots in there too. A+ my friend.

Thanks mate it did turn out alright after about 3 re-edits, but thats because there is twice as much good words both from the celebrant and their vows..so made it hard to decide which was the best audio to keep :P I guess I have plenty for the feature edit at least.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Art Varga (Post 1629776)
Peter - excellent job. There seems to be a trend to incorporate more spoken word into highlights these days but you pushed the envelope on this and it really made for a powerful piece. As Steve mentioned, it's sometimes challenging to walk away from an event with enough good audio to make something like this work. You obvioulsy planned well to capture what you needed for this. Very nice!

Art

Art, yes its very true about using spoken words, as I look at it from more like narrative film certainly this is a great direction but sometimes very hard to achieve (when there is just lack of emotion of the day, generic speeches and ceremony), but even if not using speeches/ceremony audio, using live audio from the day can work really well too especially the more ethnic weddings. As I like to say, put the couple first and from there the spawns the idea of how the film should turn out. Thank you for the compliments :)

Michael Simons March 22nd, 2011 08:07 PM

that was beautiful.

Tim Bakland March 22nd, 2011 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen J. Williams (Post 1629747)
Peter..

Steve

Yes, I agree, Steve. They're so often speeches taken off google, or otherwise just plain empty or saccarin.

Would that more speeches could provide a narrative like this. Beautiful film. Love the last several shots of the couple especially.

Peter Szilveszter March 23rd, 2011 06:36 PM

@Tim Yeah it frustrates me to hear the speeches that are pretty much like "You [insert name here] and [insert name here] are made for each other...." and its not really that they using that but the tone and infliction isn't there, no personal emotion behind it that is sad.....you'd think this would mean enough to them to at least make it their own speech.

But I was very lucky with this couple as it was so well thought out and even the feature film still has heaps more albeit half in chinese but still wonderful words.

Susanto Widjaja March 25th, 2011 01:08 AM

the slider shot on the balcony towards the end through a hole was AWESOME!

Greg Fiske March 25th, 2011 04:04 PM

You made the right choice, really captured the beauty of the personality of the couple.

Lisa Maxwell April 18th, 2011 10:44 AM

OH, I love it. OK, so I say that a lot on this forum...there is so much talent here. I am inspired and in awe, again. Beautiful and stunning. What a prize/treasure these couples get to take with them from their most special day. BTW, I love the name you chose: Living Lens-another way to show your creativity: in your very name!