Celine // Michael - Say The Word at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old March 20th, 2011, 03:40 AM   #1
Celine // Michael - Say The Word
Peter Szilveszter Peter Szilveszter is offline March 20th, 2011, 03:40 AM

As the title of the film suggest, the concept with this wedding I wanted to capture the feeling of the words spoken on the day. I felt that using a song with song lyrics would be too strong and instead opted for a much more subtle soundtrack as I felt that a narrator would lead the story better, in this case the celebrant who spoke the words so beautifully was the voice of the piece. As always for me my aim is to find the best way to convey the couples characters and personality and I hope I have done with this. Let me know what your thoughts are.

Peter Szilveszter
Major Player
Views: 1938
Old March 20th, 2011, 11:22 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Celine // Michael - Say The Word

Peter..

Great edit... It's surprising (at least for me) that you don't end up with great content in the speeches or vows/ceremony as often as one would think. This was all great and you did a great job building the story around it.

Steve
Stephen J. Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2011, 11:50 AM   #3
Major Player

Fantastic!!!!

What lens did you use at 1:14 when you went wide on the grass and building??
Peter Manojlovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2011, 12:29 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Great edit Peter. That was some of your best stuff for sure. Love the music, the use of actual audio, the pacing, and some killer shots in there too. A+ my friend.
Old March 20th, 2011, 12:54 PM   #5
Major Player

Peter - excellent job. There seems to be a trend to incorporate more spoken word into highlights these days but you pushed the envelope on this and it really made for a powerful piece. As Steve mentioned, it's sometimes challenging to walk away from an event with enough good audio to make something like this work. You obvioulsy planned well to capture what you needed for this. Very nice!

Art
Old March 20th, 2011, 05:32 PM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen J. Williams View Post
Peter..

Great edit... It's surprising (at least for me) that you don't end up with great content in the speeches or vows/ceremony as often as one would think. This was all great and you did a great job building the story around it.

Steve
thanks Steve, yeah its a very tough thing when there is lack of audio, I try to always find a way to incorporate whether its from the morning preps, ceremony or speeches but it can get frustrating when its all very generic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Manojlovic View Post
Fantastic!!!!

What lens did you use at 1:14 when you went wide on the grass and building??
It was the 20mm 1.8 (@f8) Sigma :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Cossel View Post
Great edit Peter. That was some of your best stuff for sure. Love the music, the use of actual audio, the pacing, and some killer shots in there too. A+ my friend.
Thanks mate it did turn out alright after about 3 re-edits, but thats because there is twice as much good words both from the celebrant and their vows..so made it hard to decide which was the best audio to keep :P I guess I have plenty for the feature edit at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Varga View Post
Peter - excellent job. There seems to be a trend to incorporate more spoken word into highlights these days but you pushed the envelope on this and it really made for a powerful piece. As Steve mentioned, it's sometimes challenging to walk away from an event with enough good audio to make something like this work. You obvioulsy planned well to capture what you needed for this. Very nice!

Art
Art, yes its very true about using spoken words, as I look at it from more like narrative film certainly this is a great direction but sometimes very hard to achieve (when there is just lack of emotion of the day, generic speeches and ceremony), but even if not using speeches/ceremony audio, using live audio from the day can work really well too especially the more ethnic weddings. As I like to say, put the couple first and from there the spawns the idea of how the film should turn out. Thank you for the compliments :)
Peter Szilveszter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2011, 08:07 PM   #7
Major Player

that was beautiful.
Michael Simons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2011, 08:17 PM   #8
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen J. Williams View Post
Peter..

Steve
Yes, I agree, Steve. They're so often speeches taken off google, or otherwise just plain empty or saccarin.

Would that more speeches could provide a narrative like this. Beautiful film. Love the last several shots of the couple especially.
Old March 23rd, 2011, 06:36 PM   #9
Major Player

@Tim Yeah it frustrates me to hear the speeches that are pretty much like "You [insert name here] and [insert name here] are made for each other...." and its not really that they using that but the tone and infliction isn't there, no personal emotion behind it that is sad.....you'd think this would mean enough to them to at least make it their own speech.

But I was very lucky with this couple as it was so well thought out and even the feature film still has heaps more albeit half in chinese but still wonderful words.
Peter Szilveszter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2011, 01:08 AM   #10
Major Player

the slider shot on the balcony towards the end through a hole was AWESOME!
Old March 25th, 2011, 04:04 PM   #11
Major Player

You made the right choice, really captured the beauty of the personality of the couple.
Greg Fiske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2011, 10:44 AM   #12
Regular Crew

OH, I love it. OK, so I say that a lot on this forum...there is so much talent here. I am inspired and in awe, again. Beautiful and stunning. What a prize/treasure these couples get to take with them from their most special day. BTW, I love the name you chose: Living Lens-another way to show your creativity: in your very name!
Lisa Maxwell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery