DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   {something different} New Years Eve // VisualMasterpiece (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/494622-something-different-new-years-eve-visualmasterpiece.html)

Michael Padilla April 15th, 2011 01:03 PM

{something different} New Years Eve // VisualMasterpiece

This event was unique and we took a different approach on it. Wasn't much for audio/storyline here. Anyway check it out let me know what you think.

Also I used a JVC CRT monitor for color grading for the first time, but it looks totally wrong on my 30" Apple but awesome on the CRT. Let me know you're experience with the colors and if I should recalibrate or ditch the CRT. Its a professional broadcast grade CRT (JVC DTV component-multi) which runs about $3K new (this ones used). Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks

Jeremy White April 15th, 2011 03:17 PM

Re: {something different} New Years Eve // VisualMasterpiece

Incredible. I love the opening/closing shot. This is way different than a normal wedding video. I love the song and the editing you did with it. This was amazing.

Michael Padilla April 15th, 2011 04:47 PM

Awesome. Thanks. I was really scratching my head over this one.
Glad you dig the opening/closing; I was doing my best to keep it in. Honestly I've reworked this thing in post a gazillion times trying to figure out a storyline. ;P

Luke Oliver April 18th, 2011 07:10 AM

I thought this was amazing, totally fresh, felt like a good indie film. Great inspiration. Great work

Luke

Michael Padilla April 18th, 2011 08:06 AM

Thanks Luke!

Lisa Maxwell April 25th, 2011 02:47 PM

Oh my word...now, see you're one of the guys on here that just blows the rest of us away! How am I ever gonna keep up with somethin' like that, huh?

Amazing. LOVE IT! Love the opening and ending shots, how they start and end together...too cool. So creative. Duper super!

Michael Padilla April 25th, 2011 02:56 PM

:)

Thanks Lisa.. that's sweet! You might be interested in seeing some of our other work.

If you want to "keep up" just ask us questions, were totally open and about keeping this medium prosperous as a whole. We also have workshops in the pipe so PM us if you're interested.

Lisa Maxwell April 25th, 2011 03:01 PM

Do you mind if I try some of your shots? I have seen your videos a'plenty on this forum, and have your website bookmarked. I don't know if I can pull off your shots like you do, but I LOVE, love, lOve, the way you make my brain go in to overdrive! That time lapse/tracking shot with the wine glasses in front with blurred background at the beginning and end-uh, uh, uh! TOO freakin' cool!

Michael Padilla April 25th, 2011 03:07 PM

go for it (i'm not a huge fan of outright copy cats) but practice until you own it, if you know what I mean.

Let me know if you need any help on shot theory or body mechanics etc.

Lisa Maxwell April 25th, 2011 03:13 PM

I hear ya on the "copycat" thing...when I'm actually at the wedding, I'll be shocked if I actually get half the shots I have written down as ideas. I know how fast the day can go, even if I do only have a few under my belt.

Yeah mechanics, ya gotta a couple extra thousand bucks ya can give me for a steadicam vest/arm? ; ) Ha! I got the Glidecam HD-2000 and man that thing burns!

Michael Padilla April 25th, 2011 04:28 PM

Go to the gym :D lol

We actually use the Glidecam 2000 also (old version.. thanks Glidecam ;P haha :) You eventually get used to the burn, feels good, can't live without it, hehe.

I rarely use a vest/arm system anymore, when I do I use the Varizoom MX Steadicam variant; its a very good alternative to the Steadicam stuff if you're looking to save a few bucks. I have mine customized from the manufacture but most of those improvements gets worked into new production models anyway (yeah I'm a test dummy). The new HD sled is SICK!

Greg Fiske April 26th, 2011 11:53 AM

Great song and editing.