In Cyprus at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old May 26th, 2011, 05:36 AM   #1
In Cyprus
Dimitris Mantalias Dimitris Mantalias is offline May 26th, 2011, 05:36 AM

This is our first wedding in Cyprus (more to follow) and we really loved the experience!

Dimitris Mantalias
Major Player
Views: 1282
Old May 26th, 2011, 06:46 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: In Cyprus

Kalosorises (welcome) to my country Dimitris. Are you moving here for good? Loved the video by the way.

stelios
Old May 26th, 2011, 07:27 AM   #3
Major Player

No, not moving there. At least not yet. We have another wedding in July and there are talks for more of them. If my country goes to hell (which is very likely), it would be good to prepare the ground! :)
Old May 26th, 2011, 07:46 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Nice, very nice,...wich camera and lens you use and wich editing software u use?
Gianni Paolella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2011, 08:22 AM   #5
Major Player

Thanks Gianni. Everything was shot with Canon 550d and Canon 7D with the exception of the steadicam shots where we used the old good Sony FX1s. :) As for lens, its a combo of 50/1.8, 24-70/2.8, 18-200 and 17-35. Nothing fancy really! :)
Old May 26th, 2011, 02:41 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Very good job you did there Dimtri.Congratulations! Loved all the shots.

But hey don't be so pesimistic, we will get over the reccesion sooner or later.
Spiros Zaharakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2011, 04:53 AM   #7
Major Player

Thanks Spiros for the nice words! :) I've got to say though, that I am not a pesimist, more like a pragmatist. You know, whatever happens happens, and we react accordingly. :)
Old May 27th, 2011, 05:23 AM   #8
New Boot

Beautiful video. The lighting is awesome and contrast is eyecatching. The music is excellent as well.

Dimitris Mantalias, would you mind sharing the music (name/artist) you used.

Last edited by Andy Popple; May 27th, 2011 at 09:13 PM. Reason: addition of info.
Andy Popple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2011, 04:37 PM   #9
Major Player

Hey Dimitris... Nice video as always. Your colors, and contrast are dead for the look that I'm hoping to get out of my cameras. Do you mind sharing your video settings (ie, neutral or custom)? I've been using a custom setting on my T2i's and haven't been pleased with the look, even after CC.

Steve
Stephen J. Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2011, 11:40 PM   #10
Major Player

Thanks Stephen! Actually we never work with presets from the cameras, we dont even fix white balance during filming (I know this doesnt sound too right but still we do it)! :). All the cc is done during post and in this case we worked with the built-in Premiere CS5 Curves. Its still very slow and clumsy to work with, but it can give some pretty good results when you have the patience.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery