Indian wedding at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old May 27th, 2011, 03:51 PM   #1
Indian wedding
Khoi Pham Khoi Pham is offline May 27th, 2011, 03:51 PM

My latest wedding, shot with 2 Canon 7D, 2 60D, and 1 Sony NX5, I used all lens in my arsenal, Sigma 30mm F1.4, 20mm F1.8, Rokinon 85mm F1.4, Canon 85mm F1.8, Tokina 11-16mm F2.8, Pentax SMC 50mm F1.4, home made slider and also a DP slider (friend), Glidecam HD1000.

Khoi Pham
Major Player
Views: 1495
Old May 27th, 2011, 04:21 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Indian wedding

Superb, Khoi. VERY nice, hats off to you. I love everything about the looks of an Indian wedding, the colors just jump out.

Your focusing was excellent, your moving shots were great, and your closeups were compelling. You seemed to get your shots without interfering with what was going on.

I love my 30mm F/1.4, which I see you use also. Please tell me, when do you find it most useful, any certain times?

I'm looking at the Glidecam HD1000, and plan to buy one soon. Can you tell us which lenses you used on the Glidecam? The Tokina only?

Last edited by Jeff Harper; May 27th, 2011 at 05:45 PM.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2011, 06:11 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks Jeff, I use the HD-1000 with the 60D most of the time with the Tokina 11-16mm, you see very deep dof with it, some shots I use the Sigma 20mm, those shots you see shallower dof and a few shots on my sigma 30mm where you see really shallow dof, all gives a different look but much harder to use and keep in focus or sometime I use it to go in and out of focus. You will have to re balance every time you change lens.
Old May 27th, 2011, 07:44 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Thanks for the information, please post often.
Old May 29th, 2011, 11:25 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Yes, that looks very nice, can I ask you Khoi; do you whitebalance manually with the dslr's or use a camera preset. It must be quite difficult choosing a preset in such a "pink" environment and must say skintones look natural.

One more question about the sound you get from the speeches as that sounds quite clear, what is your workflow there to capture this?

If I understand you right this was covered with 2 persons?

I have switched more and more to using my dslr but only during the brideprep in the morning and starting from the reception.During church ceremony I don't take the risk as I work alone and my dslr leaves too much room for error. Only in that case I trust much more on a "real" videocamera.

I must say that using a dslr is real hard work, the result can look great but at the end of a weddingday I feel I have done 2 weddings in a row. :)
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2011, 04:08 PM   #6
Major Player

Yes it was very difficult lightning, I manually adjust wb as best as I could and adjust more in post, the sound was from the band mixer feed into my wireless transmitter then into the Zoom H4N then into my 60D as backup audio, I had 2 assistants with me on the 3rd day. Yes DSLR is harder to shoot but the more you shoot the better you will get with it and then you will be more comfortable using it for all, I only use that Sony NX5 because my friend is not quite good with DSLR yet so I better be safe and let him use his NX5 but normally with my regular assistant we shoot all DSLR full time.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery