DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   Gregg + Heather | Preview Trailer | Serendipity Studios (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/497219-gregg-heather-preview-trailer-serendipity-studios.html)

Travis Cossel June 15th, 2011 01:43 PM

Gregg + Heather | Preview Trailer | Serendipity Studios

Been so busy we forgot to actually share this trailer with you guys. Enjoy!

Jawad Mir June 15th, 2011 06:00 PM

Re: Gregg + Heather | Preview Trailer | Serendipity Studios

Nice Travis. Looks the dress shots the most :) Keep it up buddy

Stelios Christofides June 16th, 2011 11:17 AM

Short and sweet. Wonderful clip. How often and when do you use the glider Travis?

Jeremy White June 17th, 2011 07:44 AM

awesome job. I'm curious, at what rate and for how long do you shoot the timelaps at the beginning?

Travis Cossel June 17th, 2011 11:26 AM

Jawad | Thanks!

Jeremy | Not sure what you mean by 'rate'. I can tell you we shot it at 24P with a high shutter and aperture because of how bright it was. I think we filmed for about 5-6 minutes for this one. When we shoot on the west coast we often have to shoot longer because the clouds are generally much higher and moving more slowly (to the eye).

Louis Maddalena June 18th, 2011 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travis Cossel (Post 1659265)
Jawad | Thanks!

Jeremy | Not sure what you mean by 'rate'. I can tell you we shot it at 24P with a high shutter and aperture because of how bright it was. I think we filmed for about 5-6 minutes for this one. When we shoot on the west coast we often have to shoot longer because the clouds are generally much higher and moving more slowly (to the eye).

Oh interesting that you shoot the timelapses as video... I use a trigger to take a still image at full resolution and set it to record at the rate at which I want to play it back (depending on speed, subject, etc) Usually have it take an image every 5 seconds or so for clouds...

but I totally love the dress shot sliding into black.. looked really great !he whole piece was good too as a whole, can't wait to see more.

Travis Cossel June 20th, 2011 06:08 PM

Yeah, it's just a bit less setup on the wedding day versus using and intervalometer.

Thanks for watching, though. I'm hoping the structure of this trailer really comes through. The whole reason to show the sequence of the bridal prep and the dress was to tie into the groom's comments on how beautiful and 'perfect' she looked when he saw her.

Jeffrey Kauffman June 20th, 2011 06:32 PM

I'm with Travis on keeping it more simple and shooting timelapses as video. It works and looks great for me but everyone has their own way of doing things and that's what makes this forum interesting! Nice video btw.