Our 1st Vietnamese Wedding + 1st SDE + Edited/Colored With After Effects = INSANE! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old June 27th, 2011, 11:28 AM   #1
Our 1st Vietnamese Wedding + 1st SDE + Edited/Colored With After Effects = INSANE!
Cody Dulock Cody Dulock is offline June 27th, 2011, 11:28 AM

We didn't really know what to expect for this wedding as we had never been to a Vietnamese wedding before... on top of that we thought it would be a good idea to test our skills and try doing a same day edit... the SDE was a surprise, but we were determined to make it happen! Here is a summarized version of the day and how it unfolded:

We ran into all kinds of little issues through out the day... We had called the reception venue and the band ahead of time to make sure we could tap into their projector and the band's audio... we brought our own projector and screen just in case though (luckily we didn't need them!). We tested the projector and it worked! What a relief. We ran our audio cables and waited until the band got setup, then tested that and we couldn't hear anything. While I was editing and testing audio, my wonderful wife an awesome brother were shooting all the good stuff at the reception (this would have never worked if I hadn't got my bro on the team that day). The band was super helpful, but the problem was we had to run over 100' of audio cable with adapters and we couldn't pin point the problem. Through out the night we tested different things with the band. So we asked the reception venue owner if we could tap into their in-house audio system and they couldn't help us out. It was getting close to the time frame we had to show this video and we still didn't have audio. In addition to that, the way we planned out the edit we were missing about 30% of the shots we wanted to use that would make the story. Finally the band offered to get an extra powered speaker they had in their trailer to let us use (wow these guys rock we thought!). We figured out a story that would work in place of all the clips we weren't able to get and finished and exported the edit. People were starting to leave and we didn't really know if we would be able to play it since the band had to finish part of their set. Next thing we know, the band stops, I run over to tell them we are ready and they announce the special presentation and we play it! The bride cried, the groom loved it, and everyone was going crazy about it! We did it. This was not an easy day, but it was well worth it in the end.

Please take a minute to watch the SDE and let us know what you think:

Cody Dulock
Major Player
Views: 1108
Old June 27th, 2011, 01:39 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Our 1st Vietnamese Wedding + 1st SDE + Edited/Colored With After Effects = INSANE

Very nicely done. I like all the visual elements to keep the video going.

Not sure if I will ever try a SDE!

Jeff

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery