JJ + Estee | Wedding Highlights | Serendipity Studios at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old July 14th, 2011, 03:33 PM   #1
JJ + Estee | Wedding Highlights | Serendipity Studios
Travis Cossel Travis Cossel is offline July 14th, 2011, 03:33 PM

It's not too often that we use the actual song from a couple's first dance for their highlights film. There are a lot of reasons for this, but every now and then that one song is just the right song for that couple. That's certainly the case with JJ and Estee. I really believe they see each other as 'the best thing'. The way they look at each other, the way they have fun together, the way their family talks about them … there just wasn't a more perfect song for their film.

As a side note, I was sick as a dog the entire day and it was 90+ degrees with 85% humidity and we had to haul all our gear between multiple locations that were several hundred yards apart. People have no idea what we go through sometimes to capture their day.

Travis Cossel
Inner Circle
Views: 1640
Old July 14th, 2011, 04:10 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: JJ + Estee | Wedding Highlights | Serendipity Studios

I'm not usually a fan of upbeat songs like this, but this actually turned out really great. It's the first upbeat song video that didn't feel cheesy or corny.

I'm curious though how you go making your song choices? You don't leave it up to your clients to decide?

Also, I'm curious about your lav mic setup for the vows. It didn't seem like you used any fur fuzzies to block wind noise this time, even though the wedding was outdoors, like you did in the Jennifer and Andre video? What windscreen did you use then, and what influenced your decision not to use them this time?
Zhong Cheung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2011, 12:06 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Re: JJ + Estee | Wedding Highlights | Serendipity Studios

Thanks for watching and for the comments/questions.

Regarding song selection, we always pick the song but we are also open to suggestions that the bride and groom might have. Maybe 15-20% of the time the couple will suggest some songs for us and maybe 50% of the time we will choose one of their suggestions.

Regarding lav mic wind muffs, we chose to go without them because there was no breeze and had been no breeze all day. If there had been even the slightest hint of a breeze we would have used the wind muffs. Sometimes we will still use them anyways, just in case, but the groom was wearing a light suit and we elected to make the mic less visible. We're using Rycote muffs.

Glad you enjoyed the video and the song selection. Thanks again for watching!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery