Italy in Oregon at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old July 22nd, 2011, 01:07 PM   #1
Italy in Oregon
Aaron Almquist Aaron Almquist is offline July 22nd, 2011, 01:07 PM

This is one of those weddings that when your the only shooter and that moment comes when your in the right place at the right time, and your camera is recording, you say to yourself, this is going to be good :)

I hope everyone enjoys Tom & Ashley's wedding trailer.

Aaron Almquist
Regular Crew
Views: 1309
Old July 22nd, 2011, 03:03 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Italy in Oregon

Aaron...

What a great venue, and even better video... Other then the lack of natural audio, It was a great edit. thanks for posting.

Steve
Stephen J. Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2011, 03:20 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Aaron,
nice job. Just one small thing. When the groom was walking towards the camera in the vineyard (just before the bride) his flower was on the right side, all other shots it was on the left including the shots before when he was waiting at the altar with the officiant. Just wondering why that shot was flipped?
Other than that, well done.
Old July 22nd, 2011, 03:36 PM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Bloom View Post
Aaron,
nice job. Just one small thing. When the groom was walking towards the camera in the vineyard (just before the bride) his flower was on the right side, all other shots it was on the left including the shots before when he was waiting at the altar with the officiant. Just wondering why that shot was flipped?
Other than that, well done.
Impressive attention to detail Don...
Stephen J. Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2011, 03:41 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Thanks but really what it was...I wore my glasses while watching! Sometimes I don't and I miss things like how certain ring shots are done!

O|O
\--/
Old July 22nd, 2011, 05:08 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Don,

I'm glad you brought this up, because now I can talk about it :) I wanted to give the illusion that the bride and groom were walking towards each other down a long row of vines. The video of the groom is horizontally flipped in post to preserve the sunlight on the right side (camera left) of his face. I had the bride and groom walk from the same spot because I wanted to preserve the length and depth of the vineyard without going to the middle of the row.

Thinking about it now I might reverse the sequence and show the bride walking towards the groom first to lessen the horizontal switch effect.

Thanks again for the encouraging compliments. It means a lot coming from veterans like you and Stephen.

Aaron
Aaron Almquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2011, 09:27 PM   #7
Inner Circle

I understand what you were trying to do but IMO it only looked like the footage got flipped. If they were truely walking towards on anothr from opposite directions the sun would be to the left of one of them and the right of the other. The flower wouldn't be on the opposite side.
Now having said all of that, I don't think most people (non video people) would really notice it but maybe nextime you want to do this effect think about actually having them come together from opposite directions.
anyway, overall nice job!
Old July 26th, 2011, 09:40 PM   #8
Major Player

Great job Aaron, the grading really fit the venue.
Greg Fiske is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery