Marcel + Kirsten | Skydiving Wedding Highlights | Serendipity Studios - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old August 21st, 2011, 11:27 PM  
Marcel + Kirsten | Skydiving Wedding Highlights | Serendipity Studios
Travis Cossel Travis Cossel is offline August 21st, 2011, 11:27 PM

Marcel likes .. no … LOVES to jump out of airplanes. Aside from Kirsten I think it must be his greatest passion in life. As we got to know Marcel and Kirsten for the 18 months leading up to their wedding, I knew I had to find a way to weave Marcel's passion into their wedding highlights.

For me the tie-in was easy. Marriage is totally a leap of faith. You're setting out to build a life together with someone else, and that is daunting. It is also exhilarating. To know you've found that one person .. the right person … to take your leap of faith with … well, there's just no other feeling like it in the world.

So despite a stormy day that nearly canceled the jump, and despite the malfunction of 2 cameras out of 3 during the shoot, we made it happen. I really can't point to my 'favorite' wedding highlights of all time, but I can definitely say this is one of my favorites. And not just because I got to jump out of a plane with the groom …

Enjoy!

FYI - this had the most difficult Steadicam shot I've ever done and I had one chance to nail it .. whew!

Travis Cossel
Inner Circle
Views: 3515
Old September 12th, 2011, 11:56 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: Marcel + Kirsten | Skydiving Wedding Highlights | Serendipity Studios

Thanks, David. What shot did you try out?
Old September 13th, 2011, 08:55 PM   #17
Major Player

I did my first SDE this past weekend and I started upsidedown on the coupes shoes and ended on their faces as they walked into the reception tent. I posted it here if you wanna check it out. But I did it like that because I thought of how you tried a shot that was difficult and had one chance to do it and I wanted to do the same thing.
David Schuurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2011, 10:37 PM   #18
Major Player

Way to go Travis! that was excellent !

Cheers!

Kren
Old September 14th, 2011, 02:04 PM   #19
Inner Circle

Greg, the first shot was done with a Canon 60D believe it or not. It was a very tricky shot as I had to let it run for about 10 minutes to get the clouds moving and THEN pan down to the plane. I also only had one shot to get it because we were out of time for getting clearance to get in the air.

As for the shots of the dive, auto-ISO for sure. We actually had 3 cameras setup to film the jump but only got footage from 1. The groom forgot to turn his camera on before he jumped, which kind of killed me because I really wanted at least one shot from his perspective. The other camera that didn't work was a 7D set to shoot slo-mo (60fps). It was owned by one of the other jumpers and he apparently was using a cheap card so we got 4 seconds of video before it stopped. Laaaame.

In the end it changed how we had planned to edit the video, but I'm still pleased with the result. Thanks for watching!
Old September 14th, 2011, 02:05 PM   #20
Inner Circle

David | Very cool. I'll have to check out the shot now. d;-)

Kren | Thanks for watching, buddy.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery