DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   Third Wedding (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/500354-third-wedding.html)

Jamie Pippin September 5th, 2011 11:42 AM

Third Wedding

Here's a teaser for a wedding video I shot this past weekend. This is the third wedding I have booked.

I've come to realize that I need to invest in some lighting...any suggestions other than an LED panel?

Peter Manojlovic September 5th, 2011 03:29 PM

Re: Third Wedding

Did the wedding party request this music??

Why don't you rent a set of fast lenses, and see what difference it will make?

Jamie Pippin September 5th, 2011 03:53 PM

I chose this song. They gave me full creative freedom, but I did ask them make a list of music to include in the full video. This video was primarily made to represent my style and promote my business.

I already have all the lenses I need (not want). I was stopped down to 1.4 during the entire reception, but this was best I could get.

Peter Manojlovic September 5th, 2011 11:13 PM

I can't comment too much on lighting, but if for some reason, you think extra lighting is involved, you have no choice but to use an assistant, and use reflectors, or perhaps even softboxes..

But i would still try to have a heads up on the locations, and try to get people near windows, and away from darker locations.
Also, the Canons are great, so bumping up the ISO should give you lots of leverage...
What kind of ISO are u running on most of your shooting?

Jamie Pippin September 6th, 2011 08:37 AM

Well my only lighting issues were at the reception where there are no windows and they purposely keep it dark. I was at ISO 1250 the entire time.

Greg Fiske September 12th, 2011 10:42 PM

You can drop down to 1/30 and it helps a little. I just picked up a lowel pro light for some light to throw onto the reception dance floor for first dance and speeches, on recommendation of others on the forum. Skipped the LED's as they still seem a bit pricey for the output you get. On the lowel pro, I'd get the 120watt with scrim and swing in accessory to get the light down, so it doesn't bother people.

Lindsey Daugherty September 16th, 2011 08:33 PM

I liked the music, but I kind of feel like the editing didn't mesh with it as well as it could have. Also, while I liked some of the shots you got during the prep and reception I wish that you could have been tighter during the ceremony- did the church restrict your position?

As far as lighting- I don't know what camera you're using, but I think you could probably bump your ISO up a bit and just get rid of noise with Neat Video, it works wonders. Some people swear by stand lights and such but I think they're kind of intrusive and I would much rather maintain the ambiance of the scene. For a really dark setting, though, we have used Rotolights with some warming gels mounted to our DSLR with wiggly arms.