Wedding Sneak Peek - First Time Posting at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old October 5th, 2011, 07:07 PM   #1
Wedding Sneak Peek - First Time Posting
Katie Fasel Katie Fasel is offline October 5th, 2011, 07:07 PM

OK, this is my first time posting a sample video on here. I'm nervous, but would love some feedback.

We've already shared this with the bride and groom and they love it...but you know as well as I do that customers look at video in a much different way than we do, and I would love feedback.

Just a couple notes..I know the audio of the speech is not the greatest, and we struggled with our exposure a little as it was a gorgeous but cloudy day...intermittent extreme bright sun, followed by dark clouds off and on through the whole ceremony. And, you can tell visually that it was a bit windy (although there is no audio to support that in this clip, but we actually were very pleased with our audio from the ceremony considering the wind, as welll as the boats that kept going by on the lake!)

Anywho...would love to know anyone's thoughts!

Last edited by Katie Fasel; October 5th, 2011 at 08:47 PM..

Katie Fasel
Major Player
Views: 1405
Old October 5th, 2011, 09:31 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Wedding Sneak Peek - First Time Posting

What cameras did you use? The works solid. I'd categorize it as a "traditional" wedding video. I did find it a little confusing with toast audio over video of what I believe to be the vows (people were talking on video but I was hearing different audio) Maybe cutting away to more generic/non-speaking shots of the ceremony and lay the toast audio over that. .
Don't beat yourself up about the speech audio, it was passable. If the couple loves it you did your job well.
Old October 6th, 2011, 10:36 AM   #3
Major Player

Re: Wedding Sneak Peek - First Time Posting

Thanks for the input Patrick. We shoot on Panasonic HMC150s. I see your point about the audio over the parts where other people are speaking. I think to me and the bride and others who were there it's less confusing because we know what the source is, but now that you say that it's even more difficult for me to watch.

"Traditional" is very much our style, so you hit it right on the head. Thanks for your thoughts.
Katie Fasel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery