FULL FEATURE 12 mins at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old December 30th, 2011, 10:42 AM   #1
FULL FEATURE 12 mins
Luke Oliver Luke Oliver is offline December 30th, 2011, 10:42 AM

Hey everyone i decided to post a full feature to get some feedback on the length. After watching some top films from all over Vimeo they seemed to average about 11-15 mins. I think this is about the right length for a wedding film and i don't think it should take longer than looking through a photo album if all the shots and editing are carefully composed. This was a one man shoot me with a 5d and a few lenses and a few bonus bits, merlin and glide track. I spend ages looking for the right music and I hope to achieve a seamlessness through the whole film. See what you think. Would love some feedback

And happy new year

Luke

Luke Oliver
Major Player
Views: 2163
Old January 2nd, 2012, 11:14 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: FULL FEATURE 12 mins

First of all, incredible. As all your work Luke, really inspirational. Looking at all the beautiful American weddings on this site, you forget how stunning the British countryside can be, especially when presented with such awesome cinematography.

Second, where do you get your fantastic music?

Thirdly, how do you present your DVD's with a film this length? I'm curious, do you include speeches/ceremony in their entirety on the DVD too? What other (if any) content do you provide alongside the feature, and what would you generally charge? Feel free to PM if you'd prefer to keep it private. I really like this style of a 12-15 minute film, it allows flexibility and a lot more creativity in comparison to how i produce my wedding films.

Again, superb work.

Cheers.
Jordan Brindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2012, 08:18 PM   #3
Major Player

Greta Job! I felt that I experienced the whole day in just twleve minutes. I suspect that the editing of this piece took just as long as a 1 hour wedding video would.
Kevin Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2012, 09:23 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Fantastic work Luke! Your work challenges me. Thanks
Old January 18th, 2012, 04:03 PM   #5
Regular Crew

I really like the pacing, and how you didn't try and make each scene too short like is typically done in these highlights videos (which IMO are mostly made to serve the videographer's ego). I've noticed that brides prefer the elegant slower cuts like this, I bet she's ecstatic about this one.
Jeff Dinges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2012, 08:50 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Luke I was wondering what the music is you used for this and/or where you licensed it? I like the style.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery